Insimenator.org
May 10, 2024, 04:10:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple question about organizing CC  (Read 1482 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SIMone de beauvoir

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2009, 02:14:32 pm »

Hello,

I've got this simple, almost quite stupid question, about organizing your custom content in your downloads folder, that I'm sure someone will be able to answer right away.

I've read some help guides, that according to me, were not exactly clear about this point, and I need to know this, because I'm organizing.

If you have NL or later installed, as it is in my case, you have the freedom to put the content of your downloads folder in an infinite amount of sub-folders.

What I don't know is if you can make sub-sub-folders, and sub-sub-sub-folders and so on...

Thanks
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 02:24:38 pm »

Yep, you should be able to make sub folders within subfolder. For example, I have to keep my meshes separate. It's a quirk. I also keep all the new content I've downloaded within the past two week in a seprate folder. So, I have my Downloads folder, and a subfolder in there called "New" and within the new folder I have "Meshes".

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 07:48:33 pm »

Absolutely. I have at least seven subfolders deep in a lot of different categories.

Also, just a tip when you download, and to stay organized AND to save time when you have a problem download: when I download things (I download more than one item at a time), I have a folder in my Downloads folder with the current date where I download them to. Then, I start my game and see if the things downloaded work in the game (make sure it doesn't crash). If they do, great. I go back to that folder and then sort the items into the organized downloads. If they don't work, then I just have to test that one particular folder as opposed to doing the extra long process of pulling out one folder at a time to see where the culprit is. Just a tip I use and it really helps after organizing. Plus, I don't like to break up my "downloads tree", because sometimes I forget where certain subfolders go.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
SIMone de beauvoir

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 02:06:31 pm »

Yes... organizing your downloads is really important...

Unfortunatelly, I have to go through this awfully long and boring process of sorting out from a thousand package files, and organizing everything at once, because for years I was broke and only had the base game and UNI, and it is only after NL that one aquires complete freedom to sort things out in sub folders the way one desires.

And, off course, to make things even worse, having only those two games, I was craving for cool downloads!!! So, I collected a zillion files, and now I have to arrange everything, because I do not want to just delete everything and start again: my sims and I have become emotionally attached to many of them.

And, also, I downloaded much crap during that time, and I need to get rid of it, so I can add new stuff... because downloading is my vice!!!

To help me in this long and boring process, I use both, the Sim2Pack Clean Installer and Delphy's Organizer. And here's a tip: Sim2Pack does not see subfolders inside subfolders. You can browse and find them, but when you chose a file and chose "move to", sub-sub-folders won't appear on the list, and that can slow you down a bit.

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 02:44:09 pm »

Hey, I'm in the same boat. I would say that all the on again off again hours I spent on organizing my Sim files, it took about a couple weeks to get everything together. Still kind of working fine-tuning the Downloads folder.

But, that long and boring process sure does pay off in the end.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: