Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 12:01:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: magic lamp/lantern  (Read 2810 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2009, 06:44:36 am »

Oh, dear - here I am again.  I promise I did search and what I found was scary. I need advice.  What is the best way to use the lamp or should I leave it alone?
Nonni

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:33:01 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:37:03 am »

Rub the lamp and choose your wish. Wealth is good. If you choose that, it will rain bags of simoleans, about 3 or maybe 4 of them at intervals. One, then another, then another. Or you can "sell" the lamp using the buy mode. I use it when I need simoleans, and put it in inventory when I'm not using it. I'm assuming you're talking about the genie lamp.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 08:45:32 am »

Jamesabrown1,
May I call you Jim?
Well, I had 3 members of the family ask for 'Peace of Mind' and now everyone is maxed on their aspiration bar.  I did the teenagers 1st because they are so hard to keep happy, for me anyway.
Then I did the dad because the aspirations he had were in another Season.  The mom and the babies (twins) are the easiest (for me) to keep happy.
I think the Wealth would be excellant for the Sims I have that want to earn money.  It's just money, money, money all the time.  Do you think that would make them happy?  But for how long?  I could let them sell stuff if I had 'Open for Bidness' (as they say in Texas). I would have had 'OforB' but it is not downloadable.  I would ask your opinion of 'OforB' but that would be off topic.  I tend to wander.
Thanks for input, Nonni
Fanku2

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:03:24 am »

I go by Jay, most folks call me Jaybird. I use OFB and it is an alternative to having a job. You might need to track down the hacks that get rid of the "want jobs" and "want money" wants because if your sims own their own business, as far as the game is concerned they are unemployed. There are fixes for this, I think Carrigon has some on Sims2Workshop and Inge does also on Simlogical. Anyway, the money thing removes the need for a sim to hold down a job. OFB lets your sims buy businesses or open home businesses and practice the old arts of sales pitches, cashiering, and stocking inventory. There are badges for those three skills. They can hire employees, managers, etc. All the stuff that goes with owning and operating a business, including being reviewed by critics and needing to build a good reputation to increase customer traffic and so, sales. Income is derived from profits.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 04:01:13 pm »

I like it, Jay (bird, dare I presume?)
I knew a girl named Robin ('struth) who married a man, last name Wren.  She named all her kids with names of birds.  !st boy was called Jay.  Honest, they were in the local newspaper for having all these huge exotic snakes plus some comon local snakes.  Strange people, but what was ironic is that my ex and his new family bought a house across the street from them.  She was a little vain and my ex was always oogling her and she loved it.  I had to get out of town (gag).
Is there a point to this? (you may ask)
No - do you ever watch NCIS?  I love that character "Ducky" (as Dr. Mallard) portrayed by David McCallum.  He does that wandering story bit so well, I love his stories.
I'm going to get OFB.

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 05:08:59 am »

Wander? Why, whatever do you mean? No, best I can usually find time for is the news in the evening, after that I stop worshipping the tribal god and turn it off. You may like OFB, if you have seasons, you can craft all sorts of things to sell as well as sell things from the buy catalog (which you get "wholesale"), for example, you can buy a florist shop and sell the flower arrangements you make at the florist crafting station, or toys, or robots. You can run a restaurant, or clothing store, endless things to explore. Some people like it, some don't. One of my sims, Nymphadora Tonks, has a job at the Ministry of Magic (she is an Auror, after all), but also owns a general store where she sells all sorts of stuff, including fish she catches (special coolers for that in the store), her day job is only 3 days a week, so lots of time for the business. If you have FT you can also sell items produced at the potter's wheel or sewing machine.

If you get OFB, you might want to check out some of Paladin's stuff http://www.simwardrobe.com/ at simwardrobe, look under sims2 objects, business facilitators.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 11:25:51 am by jamesabrown1 » Logged
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 11:31:52 am »

Good to know. (see how short that was?)

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 11:51:10 am »

LOL, peace and love baby. I guess we both got diarrhea of the lower jaw there for awhile.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 03:54:01 pm »

Jaybird, have you ever used "Break Up"?  Go check out my post about teen breaking up.

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 05:29:21 am »

Alas, I have not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: