Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 06:13:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Homecrafter issues  (Read 5602 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sailorvivi

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:52:16 pm »

I hope this is the right place to ask. I'm going through a tutorial on how to make walls for my game. I do wonderfully until I hit the Import to Game button. It gives a message saying "Not enough disk space to import the texture selected." What is the problem exactly? Have I got too much CC or is it something else I can correct? If so, what can I do?

Any insight would be very helpful and thanks!
Vi

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 04:08:17 pm »

How much space is left on your hard drive, and how much ram do you have?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
adeline

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 04:39:58 pm »

You have to save the finished texture as .png to a folder Documents - EAGAMES - TheSims2 - Projects - HomeCrafterPlus - Walls (Floors, Terrains), then go to import to the Homecrafter.
Sailorvivi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 07:49:33 pm »

You have to save the finished texture as .png to a folder Documents - EAGAMES - TheSims2 - Projects - HomeCrafterPlus - Walls (Floors, Terrains), then go to import to the Homecrafter.

I've imported it to Homecrafter, and finished tweaking it in Homecrafter. I was trying to import to game.

How much space is left on your hard drive, and how much ram do you have?

That, is a good question. I'm not sure how to tell about my HD but dxdiag says I have 504MB of Ram.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 08:29:36 pm »

It's possible you have too much stuff running in the background and eating up your memory. Try closing down any unnecessary background tasks to free up some RAM.

As for your hard drive. Go to Start>My Computer and right click on the C drive, then choose Properties. You'll see you total hd space, the space you have free and what is being used. We need to know how much you have free.

Also, what EP's and SP's do you have?

Edit: Copied right from the Sims2 help page for Homecrafter:

Why do I get an error message saying "There is not enough hard disk space to export the selected textures" when I have plenty of hard disk space?

This error may also appear if: 1) The .BMP file in \My Documents\The Sims 2\Projects\HomeCrafter Plus\Working Directory is set to Read-only. 2) The selected .BMP in the Create New Content dialog has been deleted. 3) The file name of the BMP you have selected in the Create New Content dialog contains 148 or more characters.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:40:50 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Sailorvivi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 03:40:40 pm »

It's possible you have too much stuff running in the background and eating up your memory. Try closing down any unnecessary background tasks to free up some RAM.

As for your hard drive. Go to Start>My Computer and right click on the C drive, then choose Properties. You'll see you total hd space, the space you have free and what is being used. We need to know how much you have free.

Also, what EP's and SP's do you have?

Edit: Copied right from the Sims2 help page for Homecrafter:

Why do I get an error message saying "There is not enough hard disk space to export the selected textures" when I have plenty of hard disk space?

This error may also appear if: 1) The .BMP file in \My Documents\The Sims 2\Projects\HomeCrafter Plus\Working Directory is set to Read-only. 2) The selected .BMP in the Create New Content dialog has been deleted. 3) The file name of the BMP you have selected in the Create New Content dialog contains 148 or more characters.

I checked my .bmp and the read-only wasn't checked, so I don't think it was that; but it offered me the option of changing from 24bit to 16 or 256. Would something like that help? Do you think defragging would help?

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 03:58:42 pm »

I don't know for sure.

What about the rest of my post regarding your hard drive, SP's and EP's?

Sailorvivi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 04:12:45 pm »

I don't know for sure.

What about the rest of my post regarding your hard drive, SP's and EP's?

Ah, sorry! I have:

All EP's, and all SP's EXCEPT Celebration, and Family Fun.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 06:24:32 pm »

Can you answer the whole post please, so we can stop playing tag via posting? What's left on your harddrive?

Third times a charm, hopefully.

And one more question: are you using the latest updated version?

I did some googling for you, and found a thread on MTS2 about the same thing (and homecrafter problems in general). You might find it helpful.

Clicky!

Sailorvivi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 10:02:56 pm »

Can you answer the whole post please, so we can stop playing tag via posting? What's left on your harddrive?

Third times a charm, hopefully.

And one more question: are you using the latest updated version?

I did some googling for you, and found a thread on MTS2 about the same thing (and homecrafter problems in general). You might find it helpful.

Clicky!

If I knew.. I'd have answered that. BOTH options you helped me with gave me the same answer, of which I did answer. Thank you for the help you've given so far and sorry to inconvenience you.

Oh.. and I just downloaded it about three days ago, so I'm assuming it is the latest from the Official Sims2 site.

EDIT: I -may- have resolved the issue. I'm loading HC now to test it, but the clicky you sent me mentioned the Folder could not be 'read-only' and I was thinking of only the file I was trying to use. So, if so thanks again. If not - I give up.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:18:09 pm by Sailorvivi » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 11:02:00 pm »

*bangs head against desk*

I hope you got it fixed...even though you STILL haven't told me how much space is left on your hard drive, in spite of my asking for the information three times and giving you clear instruction on how to find that information.

I'm happy to help, but if you'll take some friendly advice...when people ask clarifying questions, it's for a reason...do yourself a favour and answer all the questions. When you don't it just makes the person trying to help you frustrated.

Sailorvivi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 05:02:40 pm »

*bangs head against desk*

I hope you got it fixed...even though you STILL haven't told me how much space is left on your hard drive, in spite of my asking for the information three times and giving you clear instruction on how to find that information.

I'm happy to help, but if you'll take some friendly advice...when people ask clarifying questions, it's for a reason...do yourself a favour and answer all the questions. When you don't it just makes the person trying to help you frustrated.

Caffeinated, I'm sorry to frustrate you so. But as I said the info you gave me only told me my memory I had on my machine. It said absolutely nothing about hard disk/hard drive space OR I would have told you that. I'm not a complete moron.

But in any case, don't injure your head any longer. I gave up. It still didn't work and it's not worth me ruining my computer over a stupid wall. Thanks anyway. By the way, I don't think I'll post here any more. The attitude here is a lot ruder than other places I've tried so I apologize for your inconveniences with me. -sighs-

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 11:38:15 pm »

I don't think I was being rude. I was simply trying my best to help you. I even scoured the internet on your behalf.

Sorry to see you feel this way.

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 08:57:28 am »

pitty i didn't see this earlier.......
The problem your having is a well known bug that comes with Homecrafter.....
Go here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=295024
In post #19 and 20 you will find a solution for it. Wink

Or:
Right-click the HomeCrafter thumb, choose "Run as" and then just click "OK" with the pop-up that comes up.

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: