Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 07:08:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hood Glitches...  (Read 1949 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2009, 09:56:26 am »

Is there such a thing as a hood being corrupt?

I have tried following the processes of finding a downloaded culprit from sims wiki and I have also followed the advice of organizing custom content. However, my Pleasantview Downtown is so screwed up I can barely play it. I have tried checking out all the buildings (all compatible). My drivers are all updated and I have all the computer requirements I need to play. Half my buildings are flashing blue. In fact, for some reason, my Downtown and University hoods have some how melded together on one lot. Where I have my one of my sports bar in the downtown has completely taken over one of my lots on the University hood (they are placed almost in the same place on the neighborhood grill. I think something is wrong with the Downtown hood (and no, its the one that came with the game). So I have been thinking of transferring all these lots and families to another hood (they don't cause problems elsewhere). I don't know what else to do.

Any other suggestions?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:29:57 pm »

which eps & sps do you have? have you tried taking out your downloads folder and going in to see if it still does it?
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 09:15:44 pm »

First, 4 questions:

1) Have you ever moved one or more Sims from another 'hood to Pleasantview?
2) Have you ever moved any occupied lot from another 'hood to Pleasantview?

Either can eventually break a 'hood beyond repair.

3) Do you have a lot (say, more than 500) snapshots you've taken in Pleasantview?

#3 is a long shot, but having a huge amounts of snapshots can slow down and fuddle things up enough (though rarely to make it appear that a 'hood is glorked.

4) Do you have a large number (say, more than 500) of Sims in Pleasantview, or are playing with lots running with aging turned off?

That last is also a long shot, but the game can do odd things if there are just to many memories associated with a 'hood. There is a way to remove memories using SimPE, but that is a different matter than what is going to be described below, and on first blush (from your description of the symptoms) is not the root of your problem

Now, what I'm about to suggest as an option is a Drastic Move, so no guarantees. Be sure to make a back-up of your complete My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2 folder FIRST and keep it someplace safe on your computer (but not to your desktop-- suggest creating a new folder in My Documents (name it SimsBackupFeb20, for example) and putting the back-up safely inside that new folder. Don't try any of what follows without having that back-up.

Once you have made the back-up, and are sure that the back-up is not anyplace inside of My Documents--EA Games, then go into My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2 and delete the file named groups.cache (and, if it is there, also accessories.cache) and then open the Neighborhoods folder.

Move all the contents of that folder (but not that folder itself) temporarily to you desktop.

Launch the game. The game will generate fresh 'hoods and other needed files. This may take some time to do, so the launch time may well be a lot longer than usual.

If launch is successful, and you see the normal default 'hoods listed as choices to enter, just Quit the game at that point.

Then after the game has ended and shut down, go back to My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2-Neighborhoods and delete everything in it EXCEPT the file named neighborhoodmanager. package.

Then move everything you previously moved to you desktop EXCEPT the file named neighborhoodmanager.package into that now nearly empty Neighborhoods folder.

Launch the game. Fingers (and toes) crossed, it may solve the problem.

If not, you can always delete that My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2 folder entirely and replace it with your untampered-with back-up.

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 10:32:47 pm »

Wow... Okay, let me respond to this...

amc: I have Uni, NL, and OFB. And I have tried taking out my downloads, yeah.

rwills: 1 & 2) No, I haven't moved one or more Sims or occupied lots from any hood to Pleasantview. 3) No, I don't a lot, but not that many. 4) No, I don't have more than 500 Sims in any neighborhood. In fact, I don't think I even have 100 Sims per hood! And I have aging ON on every lot.

Hm, okay, I will try that. It does sound kind of scary, but I guess I could attempt it.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 05:58:43 am »

With the instructions as is - won't work. You need to actually delete the entire Neighborhoods folder, not just it's contents. Been there, done that, no new hoods generated. The whole folder has to go, not just N001, N002, etc.

Which is why you make a back-up first Smiley

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 08:49:53 am »

Though, I'm only having issues with Pleasantview's downtown. All the other neighborhoods are fine.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 07:45:52 pm »

Though, I'm only having issues with Pleasantview's downtown. All the other neighborhoods are fine.
That's why you do a backup and restore the other hoods once you know Pleasantview is working. So you don't lose progress elsewhere.

Also, if you are going to restore any hoods with the same hood numbers as Maxis hoods, you need to delete the Maxis hoods then restore, do not write your pre-played hood(s) over the top of the fresh Maxis one(s).

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: