Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 06:14:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Phone problems  (Read 2731 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Joefish

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2009, 10:56:10 pm »

So heres what happens..I have click on a phone to have a sim make a call, but when he get to the phone he just picks it up then puts it right back on the hook without ever making the call...If anyone knows any possible mods that may cause this or another reason that this is happening that'd be great. I know that i don't have any phone hacks
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 11:03:00 pm »

Can't help you there, since we don't know what mods you have. Try taking them all out and see what happens.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:09:02 pm »

Man, I had this exact problem before. However, I do not recall having to remove any of my hacks / mods to correct the problem.

I know I have deleted all the phones, saved, exited the lot, then returned to the lot and added new phones, I have removed all the cells and other electronics on the lot... try these first and see what happens.

I'm sorry I can't remember exactly how I solved this, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have to remove anything.

I'm hoping someone can tell you what the problem is exactly, because from what posts I've seen, this is a fairly common issue amoung Sim players.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 12:39:39 am »

I know this sounds stupid but are you SURE he's actually picking the handset up because one time I tried making my sim call another sim and she would go all the way to the phone and wouldn't stomp or anything her action in her que would just dissapear so I was like  WTF so I paused and zoomed in on the reciever and I had stupidly deleted the handset off the reciever when I had moveobjects on LMFAO try looking and seeing if you did that by accident or something or have you tried using a new phone and deleting that one? huh maybe I helped but probably not hope you get it working again
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 04:38:01 am »

Sorry if this is redundant.

Have you downloaded and installed any custom phones? If so, try temporarily removing those first.

And it never hurts to double-check what hacks you do have in Clean Installer (hacks are highlighted in red in CI). It is not at all unusual for hacks you may not notice (or may not want) to sneak in with downloaded lots, especially furnished/decorated lots.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 09:11:01 am »

did you try deleting the phones on the lot and then buying new phones to reset the phones? do you have any newspaper hacks? computer hacks?  like caffeinated.joy said, does it happen when you take out your whole downloads folder?
Joefish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 02:28:19 pm »

Thank you ALL for your input I will attempt the various suggestions and see if they work and let you all know how it goes
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 02:43:16 pm »

That sounds great. I could use a reminder on how to solve that pesky problem in case it happens again.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Kaythrin

..falling is easy it's getting back up that become

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 05:37:20 am »

I have this exact same problem...I need help too  Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: