Insimenator.org
May 15, 2024, 01:35:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: sims keep freezing in time?  (Read 4811 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2009, 03:43:11 pm »

Well when I play anybody in pleasantview ill go to buy mode to add something and press play again and the sims have frozen in time? its really werid and its only started doing it today? They wont unfreeze. Everything else works like the arrow and being able to direct the sim to do something plus the audio works but the sims themselves are frozen in action so cant carry out a command? The butterflys are still fluttering and neighbourhood sims still move?

I have every stuff pack now and every expansion installed.
windows xp
nyvida fx 5200 graphics card
1g ram
2-3 gig of cpu
80 gb hard drive

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 08:27:11 pm »

What did you download from the last time you played and today?
lonleyma1000

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 02:57:26 am »

im having the same problem i think its the lava lamps  i downloded from mod the sims i deleted them but it still messed up my fam

laugh a little louder, smile a little larger, dream a little further, love a little extra and live a little happier! Cheesy
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 03:52:13 am »

It was ethier sims or houses or both, no mods or hacks or anything.They could be anywhere in my downloads folder.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 04:17:52 am »

Try using the hack utility detection device from here:          http://www.simwardrobe.com

A packaged house/lot I downloaded ended up being the culprit in my game a few months ago but folder clutter frustrated me enough to wipe 90% of it out & organize.  I kept only the few things I know worked like the insim and ffs debugger, sguinge mods etc.

Try moving All CC out of game to a seperate folder and slowly add them back to the game dl folder(w/subfolder labels), makes it easier to spot the mods that conflict.   I'm using these steps now myself again because I got lazy about my dl lately (yep even after all that, lol) but it will be a lot quicker to locate things this time.

Sims by Dasi:

simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 04:45:18 am »

Im  probally being thick but I cant find the hack dectection thing on that link.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 05:36:25 am »

On the left side (grey tabs) click "Sims 2" then "Programs" then you will see it.

Sims by Dasi:

simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 01:33:20 pm »

It not doing anything. It seems to happen when ive got into buy mode for a bit then press play again. Its doing with even maxis created sims. Cry
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 02:36:38 pm »

then remove your downloads folder to your desktop or somewhere and see if it still does it. If not, then it is CC that is not compatible. You will have to add back in a little at a time, until the problem happens again and you will know what is causing the problem. If you do not want to take the large amount of time that is necessary to do this, just start your downloads over from scratch being careful not to download ANYTHING INCLUDING CLOTHES OR HOUSES that are not compatible with your expansion packs or stuff packs.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 03:43:39 pm »

I want to cry. Cry Cry I took out ALL my downloads and just restored all neighbourhoods by copying and pasting from ts2 data to neighbourhoods folder and now its worse.*sob* I went to strangetown and tried to put the newson family into a small lot and all its doing is loading and loading for an hour now. im so mad cos I upgraded my computer to cope with this problem I dont have the patience to sit here for over an hour to play 1 lot. thats why i upgraded, it seem 1g ram isnt enough 2-3 gigs of cpu aint enough ethier although it didnt do this before though. It just started doing it now. thats WITHOUT cc and any mods hacks etc.... just loading maxis sims in a small maxis lot. Cry *tears hair out*  oh and it keeps cutting back to the desktop. Cry

ps. I have every expansion and stuff pack installed so it couldnt be something i dont have.
lonleyma1000

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 03:50:15 pm »

mines bad 2 ive made the same family 9 times and it freezes everytime ive uninstalled it and everything

laugh a little louder, smile a little larger, dream a little further, love a little extra and live a little happier! Cheesy
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 03:55:09 pm »

Its driving me mad lol. I ended up having to "control alt delete" out the game and "end process" it just wouldnt go into the lot , i got bored of waiting. Its worrying because it didnt do this before and with all my thousands of downloads installed. i think Imight make sos to my computer guy friend tommorow get him to clean up my computer, get rid of stuff I dont need that might be hogging everything. if it still does it ill have to upgrade again. Undecided
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 07:33:40 pm »

I think I know your problem. I just looked at your first post again and saw your specs.  This is what you need to run just apartments not counting all of the other ep & sp's:
Minimum System Requirements for The Sims 2 Apartment Life

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

1.8 Ghz processor (2.4 for Vista)
512 MB RAM (1GB for Vista)
Windows(R) Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000 Operating System.
8x or faster CD/DVD drive
At least 1.5 GB of additional hard drive space (5.0 GB total is required if installing both The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Apartment Life at the same time.)
A T&L-capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM.

You do not have enough hard drive space for all of those games and stuff packs maybe. How much of your hard drive is free?  of the 80 gig total you have, is what you called "2-3 gig cpu" all the space you have left?Huh?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 07:40:19 pm »

I think they might mean 2-3 ghz

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 07:46:34 pm »

Of course.  DOH2  I am sure you are correct. So she doesn't say how much storage she has on it then.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: