Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 06:42:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: bulldozing lot problem and maids face was flashing blue? [ still need help]  (Read 4334 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:49:13 am »

When ive tried to bulldoze a maxis lot in pleasant view it will bulldoze one but takes about an hour to bulldoze another? and it wont let me exit the game, cancel it,and all im left to do is turn off my computer and start it up again!. I really dont want to have to do that, ive got no problem being slow now going into lots now, going somewhere or CAS.I found it was something in my downloads causing a problem on my last problem so now ive got much less stuff in there and stuff I know that works.

oh and why was kayleen the maids face flashing blue? shes a maxis sim, I aged her down then aged her up and she is corrected but its still  erid though, she has no CC on her face at all.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:58:57 am by simpleprincess » Logged
moo-moo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:54:55 am »

i know its not really an answer to your problem but why does cc flash blue?
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:58:09 am »

Its not neccassarily CC though since the sim in question was completely maxis created.

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 07:31:25 pm »

are you using a default replacement skin set overiding the maxis default skins?
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 04:20:51 am »

I hadnt touched the maid at all cc wise.Im still wondering about the bulldoze thing which is my biggest problem.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 08:27:31 am »

The blue flashing face: I had the same problem a few times with some of my Sims. There is a simple solution for this. Try to use Insim (or the mirror) to change her look. If you have the Insim, try using "Face Lift" (I believe it's called) to change something simple like eyebrows or something. You can always try to change it back later. If you can only do it by using the mirror, just changing her hairstyle would probably do the trick.

I know this may sound nuts (because I'm no ancienthighway or amc) but it could just be a CAS Maxis file that has gone a little cuckoo. I have had Sims stop interacting with others completely and haven't been given any real solution for them. So I've had to throw in fresh Sims to replace them (they were 100% Maxis created - base game) and then try to delete the original Sim. Some eerie things can happen with no explanation I guess, lol. I do know, however, that even Maxis files have been known to become corrupt.

About the bulldozing: I guess I'm having trouble for some reason understanding if you are still having issues with this problem or not.

Give the mirror / Insim option a try and let me know how it works out.

Good luck...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:38:27 am by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
moo-moo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 08:44:57 am »

when i try  using "face lift" on the insim it just comes up blue screen with no image of the sim at all whereas it used to work fine i think it might be that i have to much cc
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 09:06:55 am »

Or that you don't have the mesh or the CC is corrupted.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 09:22:56 am »

The maids, and all the other service NPCs for that matter, were never created in the earlier age groups.  If you make them younger, there's no data in their file to say what they look like so you get the blue face.  Simply going to a mirror to change appearance will fill in the data and bring the face back.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 11:38:21 am »

Ok I get it about the maid but I havent had any solution to my bulldozing problem. *begins to fret*
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 02:22:22 pm »

Ok need to clarify. You can bulldoze one lot with no problem?  but when you go to bulldoze another lot, it takes a long time (actually an hour?) to do? you are talking about a maxis-made large lot complete with a house/structure on it?
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 04:30:52 am »

Its the unwanted maxis lots in pleasantview that i dont want. usually they are unfurnished.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 07:16:35 am »

Ok, how about this part of my question?  You can bulldoze one lot with no problem?  but when you go to bulldoze another lot, it takes a long time (actually an hour?) to do?
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 11:48:48 am »

Yeah I did one house and it was fairly quick then I tried another and it would go so far then just hourglass it for an hourso i get bored and turn off my computer.These were unfurnished small to meduim maxis lots.

The rest of the game is working fine since I lol bulldozed my downloads folder., its not taking ages to load a family or cas or anything now.

Just the bulldozing lots. Wink
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 02:28:30 pm »

Are you saying you removed your downloads but bulldoing lots, more than one, still takes a very long time?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: