Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 09:46:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding OFB's Uniform/Changing face bug....  (Read 3216 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
meecha3

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2009, 12:29:46 am »

I searched the forums and saw a couple of threads from '07 and '08 that mentioned a bug with OFB where sims faces change when using the mgmt> set uniform option but no one seemed to indicate a possible fix or any hope for one.  I was wondering since some time had passed, if a possible fix/solution has come about or if any modder out there would be willing to initiate one?  Unfortunately for me, I'm a player and know absolutely nothing about modding or creating, but do frequently create businesses in my gameplay and do like a bit of organization and uniformity (literally) in said businesses.  So if anyone knows of something I could try outside of the extremely tedious idea in my head to get around that, I would be most grateful. 

Also, I noticed (at least in my game) that when I go to hire employees for my businesses I tend not to get any "qualified" sims as options for employment.  No one seems to have any talent badges of relevance or any other for that matter which irritates me.  If anyone knows of a hack or solution to this, that would helpful as well. 

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Meecha
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 01:03:05 am »

True, it seems EA took the easy way with making all employees in the same clothing look like the first employee you put in those clothes.  I don't know a fix was ever made.  I've gotten around that by reselecting the same outfit for each employee rather than picking from the uniform section.  Hairstyles, makeup, jewelry then are applied correctly.

If you have AL, there will be a lot more totally untrained/unskilled labor in the workforce because of the social classes.  Paladin has a Vocational Training mod that allows a sim with gold badges to "train" in the class room setting other sims.

Alternatively, you could have a training day where the employees come in, you make them selectable, then with a comm lot skilling mod, you direct them to skill up in the skills appropriate for their position.  This won't give them the badges, but it will allow the sims to earn the badges faster.
meecha3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 01:16:30 am »

Hi there. Thanks for responding.

It's funny b/c at one time I feel like I remember doing something that allowed me to set a uniform for an employee w/o that happening, but I can't remember what I did if I'm even remembering correctly.  For now, unless/until I can think of something better, I plan to try the tedious thought in my head... We'll see-

I have all EPs up to Freetime and I'm done on that front.  I keep INsim and INteen in my game (although I only use certain aspects of INsim and rarely INteen) and since those mods have run their courses and been updated once and for all, so have I.  So I guess I will keep doing what I've been doing and make employees selectable (Using INsim:) give them the necessary badges (using Squinges hacked painting and/or another hacked badge juicer I got from somewhere) and carry on from there.

Thanks for the suggestions.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 02:03:30 am »

You can use Insim's Career Adjuster to give or remove badges to any selectable Sim - no particular need for an additional hack.

If it helps, the short list of hireable Sims updates each day (just after midnight, IIRC), so if there is no one suitable on one day, there may be someone more suitable listed the next day.
meecha3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 10:49:05 am »

Thanks rwills. I wasn't aware career adjuster would give talent badges- I will have to try that out.  And I don't know if the Prima guide for OFB even mentions it (I've misplaced mine and practically tore the room the book was suppose to be in up) but I always wondered when the list was suppose to update.  Normally when I don't find anyone suitable, I don't hire anyone and just wait then go back.  I find it only changes one or two names and the rest of the sims are still the same.  But I will press on none the less....

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 11:42:15 am »

Besides the list changing at midnight, you will get different lists when looking from home and from the place of business.  If you have multiple owned community lots, I think you'll get different lists there too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: