Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 09:32:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A super quick sims2-mac question!  (Read 2952 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ghettoblaster

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2009, 06:30:30 pm »

So hello,
first of all, mods, i did see the "mac users only"-board but it seemed to be a
bit on the dead side  Cheesy and this question is superduperquick really, so i just thought
if it'd be okay that i'd post it here since i'll probably get a quicker reply. but im not
certain of the rules about this so feel free to move it if im doing something wrong  Embarrassed
my question is:
how do you make the game start in a window instead of the full-screen mode?
i've tried everything i could think of and i did check the manual, but to be honest i just
couldnt understand what it meant even though i saw that they mentioned it.  rolleyes
hehe, feel free to label me as daft Wink but english is not my first-language, which makes it
hard to keep in check with all the techincal expressions.
a big thanks in advance! and happy st. patricks-day! (it's still the 17th where i live Smiley )

--<br />the world's got a nosebleed
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 10:43:59 pm »

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the same for you as it is for me but what I did to play in 'windowed mode' is right click on your Sims2 Icon on your desktop and click on properties and you'll see a bar at the top called target for me since I have Apartment Life as my latest EP my target bar will say "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSBin\Sims2Launcher.exe so what you will need to do is click on your target bar and click your space bar ONE time and type a -w and then click apply making the target bar look like this "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSBin\Sims2Launcher.exe" -w and then you'll need to restart your computer to make changes take effect and when the game starts back up it will be in a window Grin hope you understand and that this helps you a little, Happy Saint Pattys Day to you too!
ghettoblaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 04:34:04 am »

wow! that was a lot more complicated than i could ever have imagined Wink
im currently in school (hehe supposed to be working on my physic assignment)
but i'll try that out as soon as i get home! i don't have AL but i should be able
to figure it out anyway. i'll edit my post as soon as i've tried to see if it worked
and thank you sooo much! Smiley

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 07:18:46 am »

How about if you just look in the display options in-game and tick the option to run in windowed mode? That would probably be easier than trying to add code to your game exe, wouldn't it?

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 12:20:51 am »

I didn't know you could do that -shrugs- Dunno thanks for the help Engram, and ghettoblaster I was just using that as an example on what it would look like since I have AL my target would look like that but if you have like Seasons for example for your latest EP it will look like this "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons \TSBin\Sims2Launcher.exe before you put in the -w but it would probably be easier to do as Engram suggested lol Grin
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 01:49:35 am »

I only discovered that about a year ago and I've been playing the game since it first came out! LOL It was driving me crazy that Life Stories was windowed and I searched for a solution inside the display options. And found it!  Cheesy

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 02:04:43 am »

Simply awesome, I never even knew that until now, infact I never even knew I could video my sims either until yesterday LMFAO! I guess you learn something new everyday eh? rolleyes
ghettoblaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 02:25:00 pm »

alright haha awesome! thanks for all your help
i'll try it out next time i play hehe  Grin
and simgirl, you're absolutely right but that's what we all love about the game
isn't it? that it has so many things to discover! it just never gets old

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: