Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 08:14:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 DRM!  (Read 89895 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2009, 01:38:23 pm »

I'm with furball on this. I'll happily trust a modder over a damned press release any day. Proof over speculation, m'dears.

...so tell you what, if there are those of you who want to blindly believe everything EA feeds you, then go back to the BBS. You can sip down all the cyanide-laced kool-aid there that you want, and never have to worry your pretty little heads about it.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2009, 02:14:51 pm »

Since when have those stamp lickers been authorities on computer software? All the information they have on the game comes from EA.
I highly doubt if any of them even know what torrent to go to and download the thing  and then publish an objective view.
Just give it time, they have till next month for the truth to emerge. At the moment all they are doing is paying lip service to EAs PR. department.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2009, 02:17:22 pm »

It's where they're applying that lip service that's bugging me...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2009, 02:59:14 pm »

And when they get through getting the game, and playing it-they'll find that they have securom on their computers, and they will come whining at Prism or RYG-"Oh, I borked my game, do you know why? Can I fix it? Can you fix it?"
You better pray we have the fix for it. We don't even know what version of it there is on the game if it is embedded. We hope to be of assistance, but we shall see in 2 weeks time.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2009, 03:14:39 pm »

...and we better hope we don't run out of places to hide the bodies of those too dense not to be able to accept what little help we may have to offer.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
brat1083
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2009, 03:19:23 pm »

We will stand our ground and let the Lemming go over the cliff....
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2009, 03:28:16 pm »

Download it, try it and then decide wether you want to buy it or not.
The torrent files are all over the net, burn the iso on a dvd and see for yourself.
Make sure you got a good firewall installed that prevents the verifying crap.....

I personal think the game is crap but i know why, they prolly want to sell us 10 EP's again...

No longer active
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2009, 03:29:05 pm »

MaryH, now that all of this is going on, it kind of makes me glad that I did retire from those two sites. I've got enough going on right now without a fresh influx of idiots whining over crap that they'd been warned about. Tell ya what, kids. If you get what we predict, we don't want to hear it, take it somewhere that they may actually give a fart in a high wind. If you don't get it, well and good. Until you find out, caveat emptor and don't bitch if it does come back to bite you in the arse like you were warned that it could!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2009, 04:16:04 pm »

I can tell you right now, though, Paden, that we're pretty anxious waiting for the actual release of the game, and I think we're waiting to see if EA lied to us again. If they did, and the inevitable happens, I'm sure that we will be swamped with the questions I mentioned, unendingly.
I even had a weak moment of actually wanting the game. Needless to say, it's past me now, thank goodness.
My public post about Sims 3 still stands as my opinion even today-and I will not retract one damn word until someone proves to me that EA is capable of learning from their mistakes.
I hope I'm proved wrong for the sake of millions of ardent Sims fans. I don't hate them, and I don't wish them bad things from the game; but I do want EA to finally come clean for once and all about their shoddy game making, and their suspicious DRM crap. Greed is not good, nor is over-reaching.
In short, I'm tired of being lied to constantly-and if the release does go wrong, millions of other people will unleash the torrents of hell on EA, to the point where they will wish they had never thought of buying Maxis in the first place.

Spartle

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2009, 04:30:16 pm »

In short, I'm tired of being lied to constantly-and if the release does go wrong, millions of other people will unleash the torrents of hell on EA, to the point where they will wish they had never thought of buying Maxis in the first place.

Gee, Mary, I hadn't thought of Walt in ages... until you just said this.
sethdil

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2009, 04:48:49 pm »

Make sure you got a good firewall installed that prevents the verifying crap.....

EA have been boasting for a while now no DRM, that is a laugh. What do you call that calling home to verify. Oh wait I think EA just lied again who would have "thunk" it  rolleyes

Crappy graphics- Check
Form of DRM- Check

I do think I shall be sticking with Sims2 for a long time- er I mean my wife will  Cheesy
erinmblair
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2009, 05:37:45 pm »

I guess this means that Rod Humble (and his cronies at EA) is a lying piece of crap. Looking forward to a TON of lawsuits!

Or maybe EA wants him to be the fall guy. One never knows about this company... Sigh. Sad

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2009, 07:02:53 pm »

There is a little bit of information about this d/l-that it is supposedly the downloadable version of the build; at least on MATY that is what one story is. This was not stated by Pescado, however, and I have my own doubts on that myself.

I rather believe it is the final copy of the game, and someone either swiped it and gave it to the torrents (for an undisclosed sum of money), or something else happened to make the copy "go missing". Either way, it is definitely a hokey piece of crap. Some people are running it fine, others not. Depends on where you got it from and who the "provider" was.

Since I don't frequent those kinds of places, I would not know the difference of quality in the arr copies, but I'm sure that one of them is the real hard disk copy with something 'extra' on it.

It remains to be seen if it is the same one as being released on June 2. If it is, god help us all.

sethdil

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2009, 09:11:26 pm »

It remains to be seen if it is the same one as being released on June 2. If it is, god help us all.

It's the retail, what you see is what is hitting the stores, so yea god help us all. Just goes to show ya that sometimes the older games are still the best and the newer is just shelf space filler.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2009, 09:28:56 pm »

I was just reading some drivel about all this at Custom sims3. What's with that lot? Are the an offshoot of EA. or just brain dead?? Had to get outta there before I puked.
This Wes Howe, is he a lay preacher or something?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: