Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 03:32:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 DRM!  (Read 89929 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2009, 10:00:01 pm »

Wes is one of the gurus that spent countless hours decyphering what EA/Maxis put into package files and using that information to make custom content, especially meshing, possible in TS2.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2009, 10:23:46 pm »

I was just reading some drivel about all this at Custom sims3. What's with that lot? Are the an offshoot of EA. or just brain dead?? Had to get outta there before I puked.
This Wes Howe, is he a lay preacher or something?

Apparently EA must have lost my (required) registration information because I never got near the amount of wonderful service that induces the zombie-like loyalty chants in those posts.  I'd have settled for an ounce of service.   The crying & stomping seems to stem more from the fact that people got the game before them than any sincere anger at the arrring itself.

Aside from that is has seemed for quite a while that the game was made so that EA could partner with paysite creators and get them to use their "talent" for sims 3; releasing the CC as SPs & Eps through the Sims3 site & maybe later exclusively with permission.  Just seems that way to me.

I do like the views of the landscape and architecture but I think I'd just end up wondering why EA couldn't just apply the updated open neighborhood and other benefits to TS2.  I can't see going back to the blur, losing all my 18+ mods Wink, & not having the awesome eyes, skins, hair and clothes I have now.  

Very disappointed with the fugly bloated look all the sims have.  Who did they rely on for feedback?  I can't see anyone cheering those looks.

Sims by Dasi:

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2009, 11:15:28 pm »

IF this is the real copy I just want to know one thing please, will I have to be online in-order to actually play the game or does it only require you to register the game online and you say that they changed the system requirements again? wtf I checked SRL last night and it still tells me the same thing cept of course my memory so I am really confused and perhaps leaning toward not getting it Sad maybe a little light can be shed on this for me I am going to go off the deep end if I have to be online to play the damned thing so does anyone know that can be honest please? and I'll say this because I don't want people to think I am kissing EA's ass because I despise EA for what they have done to others regarding their games and there shoddy DRMS that have destroyed thousands of simmers computers so yes I DO NOT TRUST EA for a second but I want to believe that this leaked version is the digital download EA confirmed would have SecuROM in it so I really don't know how to feel or what to think when so many are saying that this is the real copy due to release the 2nd and I can say this if it IS then EA has lied to us once again and I can only hope for their speedy and painful demise angry

So long story short I am going to really pissed if I bust 50$ on a game that I can't play
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2009, 02:28:03 am »

IF this is the real copy I just want to know one thing please, will I have to be online in-order to actually play the game or does it only require you to register the game online and you say that they changed the system requirements again? wtf I checked SRL last night and it still tells me the same thing cept of course my memory so I am really confused and perhaps leaning toward not getting it Sad maybe a little light can be shed on this for me I am going to go off the deep end if I have to be online to play the damned thing so does anyone know that can be honest please? and I'll say this because I don't want people to think I am kissing EA's ass because I despise EA for what they have done to others regarding their games and there shoddy DRMS that have destroyed thousands of simmers computers so yes I DO NOT TRUST EA for a second but I want to believe that this leaked version is the digital download EA confirmed would have SecuROM in it so I really don't know how to feel or what to think when so many are saying that this is the real copy due to release the 2nd and I can say this if it IS then EA has lied to us once again and I can only hope for their speedy and painful demise angry

So long story short I am going to really pissed if I bust 50$ on a game that I can't play

My apologies SimGirl, I didn't mean recently so I presume the requirements are whatever you saw last.  I  am registered with EA (as I didn't have a choice really with the last game), supposedly VIP for Sims3--not that that means crap--and was sooo looking forward to the game release.

I meant over the past 7-8 months EA had different information posted at links they'd open then disable or change.  Decide they weren't satisfied with the wording and poof the old info disappears and I found myself in the twilight zone looking for info that had previously been there but was removed or replaced.  So I am wholly skeptical.

I stopped looking in February after reading the 3 installation limit and cancelling my order. I didn't want to get more hyped up about it if it had those restrictions.  I was going for the $79 pre-release to get my tiny trinkets. *sighs*

I'm still in wait and see mode.

Sims by Dasi:

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2009, 02:43:36 am »

SimsGirl, its my firm belief that you don't need to be on line to play. But you will have to register to play. The catch is if you don't register via windows live you will not be able to save, whatever you do or construct will disappear and the game will return to its default setting once you turn it of. Mr, Humble wasn't lying when he said you didn't have to register to play, he just forgot to tell the full storey.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2009, 03:13:29 am »

No apologies needed DaSpecial I was just wondering if EA had buffed up the reqs so that it would be more of a pain to run Wink

Thank you roerzman for confirming that because I think that me and EA would have a problem if that was the case, but on a lighter note I thought I would give the ones of you who plan on getting the game a little hope. I did some digging around and found that this leaked version is indeed a beta version and to boot is the DD (digital download) like I had originally thought thus the reason for the DRM secuROM so before I get hit with rocks here is my proof to back up my theory

first this is from snootysims from a user called anonymouse

Eureka! I am now 99% certain the leak is only a BETA!
EVIDENCE:

1. Empirical evidence. There are far too many obvious and strange bugs, that just don't make sense. The installation of the game doesn't even have any decent pictures, vids, information, sound, music, anything, no packaging at all.

2. It is unlikely that the gold master DVD's and printing press would not be under watch. It is far more likely that this DVD fell off the wagon to a Sims fan event.

3. The file structure is whacky. There are many things missing. There is no finalized and presentable structure to the core game.

4. There are third party developer software files that shouldn't be there, like graphics, audio and code compiler logs and dependency files.

5. Some of the files are timestamped several months back.

6. File sizes make no sense. Package and cache sizes are too large, obviously meant to run on powerful developers computers (like mine <g>).

7. It has SecuROM. And the wrong version to boot!

8. Several announced fan event features are not present.

9. Graphics have since changed, or do not appear to be working right. For instance smoothing/antialiasing and filtering are not working as intended.

10. The version, while labelled 1.0 in some description and help files which is probably what most people have opened, is in redundant files that should have been removed called Content.Devtest.1397 Changelist:622971.

When games are created many different version are compiled tested. This game appears to have been compiled for the SOLE reason of testing content, that is, the textures, objects, sims etc. everything that goes into the game, and as such, it has to be one of the most stable and available tested builds... in other words it's not strange that people think it's the full game. There are just so many bizarre things and obvious bugs and missing features in it, that have long made me suspicious.

I found this in three seperate descriptors and logs.

description=Version: 0.DL-0.0.11190 Changelist: 624575

Version:1.TCC.dl.1209

Version:1.Content.Devtest.1397
Changelist:622971

TCC is a third party compiler. It shouldn't be there. No coder with any self respect would label a game devtest 1397. Nor would he put a changelist on it unless they needed one to refer to in order to see what was a bug and what wasn't.

CompositorCacheSize = 104857600
SimCompositorCacheSize = 524288000
WorldCompositorCacheSize = 524288000
SimWorldCompositorCacheSize = 524288000

This is just wrong. Why are the caches so large? Why are the packages so large? Why are they encrypted in a non-standard format no modders recognize? It doesn't make sense... unless they're developer versions encrypted/coded in a format that they use for their software.

And if there is not supposed to be custom content, why do we have this?

EnableCustomContent = true
ExportsFolderName = Exports
ImportsFolderName = Downloads
BackupFolderName = DCBackup
PackageThumbnails = false
PackageThumbnailsInSims3Pac = true
DeleteTempExportFolder = true
RemapCollisionsOnly = true

Ladies and gentlemen, hope lives... we may see an even BETTER final version of this game, hopefully void of the problems and bugs, and a vibrant modder community to BOOST!

and this from a user over at MATY

The reloaded iso is the digital download version, as can be seen in the EULA that everybody clicks past without reading:

"ELECTRONIC ARTS
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
FOR THE SIMS 3 GAME
(DISTRIBUTED BY DIGITAL DOWNLOAD)"

also

"B.  Technical Protection Measures. When you purchase the Software online via digital download (the “Digital Download Version”), you receive a Digital Download Version of the Software that uses SecuROM digital rights management technology provided by Sony DADC Austria AG.  The SecuROM technology is integrated into the Digital Download Version of the Software and is not a separate installation. For more information about SecuROM, visit www.securom.com and http:/faq.securom.com/.  By installing the Software, you acknowledge and agree to the Software’s use of SecuROM.  An internet connection is required to authenticate the Software and verify your license (“Online Authentication”)."

So that would explain the phoning home, no idea why it's on an iso though.

So I just thought I would post that little tid-bit of information for any of you hopefuls such as myself and also I forgot to mention that someone said over at MATY who downloaded the leaked version said the exe. files were dated as far back as April so that is another good possibility that this copy is indeed a beta

Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2009, 07:20:16 am »

Thank you for the info my friend

Pierre

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2009, 09:36:02 am »

And if there is not supposed to be custom content, why do we have this?

Because you create items, or I should say styles with the style tool, which you can save. Those files get a star, ergo, they are "custom content". These are the files you can exchange via the "evil launcher" (tm). So no REAL CC here.

There are obviously different versions of the game out there, meaning there are fully functional and surprisingly bug-free versions.
No online registration neccessary.
With a serial key installation.
And of course with SecuROM, it's just very quiet. They did not only lie, they obviously counted on people not noticing the malware, because we might think, if there's a serial, that will be that. Well, wrong. Evil liars. Who even think they can make us believe, star-y items are custom content, when it's just a little color-sliding. Well... *sigh*
Why, did you expect anything different?
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2009, 09:59:02 am »

There will be CC, the game im running generated a downloads folder.

No longer active
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2009, 10:09:54 am »

There will be CC, the game im running generated a downloads folder.

Thank you very much for the info Bloom

Pierre Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2009, 11:43:53 am »

Bloom, did you find out where the custom created files go to?
And the files you can share with the evil launcher?
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2009, 12:03:56 pm »

EA has said that CC will be available for purchase on the exchange.   Also what you create in game is considered Cc & I think can be shared (through the launcher) on the exchange..  I believe it was said that you can't add CC outside of those parameters though I don't see why not.

Sims by Dasi:

Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2009, 12:20:50 pm »

Well, they lied about other obvious things, maybe that's just another example of "we tell 'em they can't, so they don't even try". They still seem to think we are stupid - after they usurped and implemented A LOT OF things that were MODDED for TS2 that was obviously missing...

And now buying custom content, pfff! Most of us shared our stuff for free, now they want to earn extra money not only from the ep's, but from CC as well, they mad?? shocked
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2009, 12:23:47 pm »

I believe it was said that you can't add CC outside of those parameters though I don't see why not.

Because you can put everything you like in that download folder. As long as its not in the right format, it wouldn't work. They want to control what's there and make a nice little coin by the way.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2009, 02:14:06 pm »

So in a nutshell, CC in TS3 is going to be simple recolors of default items that can only be shared via the Installer or The Exchange. And that still doesn't change the fact that only items you'll be able to stylize are default items. You can't create an import and of your own meshes. So that means no new styled shirts. No stylish new boots for you ladies. No new styles of furniture or wicked car models. Not unless EA makes it 1st, and you pay for it. Why are people still not seeing this? If you want a new mesh to work with on TS2, it's as simple as searching for what you want, downloading it, and extracting he file to your download folder. For TS3, you have to find it in The Sims Store, break out your credit card, purchase it, then install it using The Installer. And the most you can do to it as far as editing it is change the color and maybe have a few textures to play with. You can't use your own textures. You can't put your own personal stamp on the fashion. That's crap in ever sense of the word. If you can actually live with that level of limitation, maybe you should be playing TS3, because you obviously don't know how good you have it with TS2.

Oh, and I can surmise that since no one who got the "Advanced Copy" has mentioned it, there's no such thing as a Sims 3 Bodyshop, is there? *Heh Heh*...thanks...but I'll pass. Even if the final build of the game doesn't have Securom (Which I'll believe when I see someone say so AFTER the release date) there's still way to much it's lacking across the board for me to even entertain buying it. 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: