Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 06:20:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 DRM!  (Read 90022 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2009, 08:48:59 pm »

Well, they lied about other obvious things, maybe that's just another example of "we tell 'em they can't, so they don't even try". They still seem to think we are stupid - after they usurped and implemented A LOT OF things that were MODDED for TS2 that was obviously missing...

And now buying custom content, pfff! Most of us shared our stuff for free, now they want to earn extra money not only from the ep's, but from CC as well, they mad?? shocked
I would like to believe that all of us on this site shared our stuff free. It is the fools that pay for it. I prefer to think that there no fools on this site.
After all, it is the fools that Ea. is relying on to make the sims 3 a success.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2009, 09:31:23 pm »

Yes, I was tempted to say we all sharered or stuff freely, but when you count in sites like TSR or Peggy...
I didn't intend to imply that any member of Insimenator earned any money from cc!  shocked
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2009, 10:00:15 pm »

You are welcome Pierre and I just want to say that I am pretty confident in my findings and I do still believe the leaked version is a beta theres just too much obvious reasons why it is, clearly the game is not finished and was intended to be a test version only but I dunno I don't want to argue Lips Sealed
Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2009, 10:01:42 pm »

EA has said that CC will be available for purchase on the exchange.   Also what you create in game is considered Cc & I think can be shared (through the launcher) on the exchange..  I believe it was said that you can't add CC outside of those parameters though I don't see why not.

Well Pes. said the files were encrypted and digitally signed, so good luck hacking that.  Undecided

Also why would they put in drm when they already said it wasn't going to have it?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:08:45 pm by Skaarjy » Logged
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2009, 10:21:43 pm »

Do I have to put this in like bold really BIG letters? please don't make me..so I will say it once more the reason the DRM is included in the leaked copy on the net is because it is the digital download by EA and they EA said that the DD would have the DRM but the copy in stores would not 'supposedly' mkay? tongue
Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2009, 10:41:47 pm »

Meh... I'll believe it when I see it.

This kinda depresses me, I was hoping for a good sims update, and what we got was nothing what I wanted.  Embarrassed
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2009, 11:00:49 pm »

Probably because its not the final release? Undecided
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2009, 12:10:48 am »

I'd believe that if EA actually confirms if the arr version is the final release or not themselves... Tongue  Of course, we all know that's never gonna happen.  So with all due respect to everyone insisting that it's a beta, no harm meant when I say that personally, I just don't believe it due to EA's track record of bug trails in their previous installments.  If they weren't arsed enough to actually advertise certain glitches in one of their own promo vids, I'd give them more credit... (wondering what I'm babbling about? Go to where Rod Humble is talking about simlish in the clip and pay real close attention to the sim example to the right, especially the female sim...) 

After seeing that and experiencing many other odd bugs and annoying stuff in their previous un-patched work, I just don't think the final copy would be as ultra clean as some hope and believe it will be when it hits shelves.  But we'll see... we'll see.  All of us "doubters" may be proven wrong.  Wink

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2009, 12:24:26 am »

I just thought that I would add that I was browsing the HORROR over at MATY and a user said they were digging around in the Sims3 files and one the files said dev.test so I don't know how one would feel about a file being called devtest? Undecided

I reallyyy hope its a beta because some of the stuff as far as bugs and glitches are really starting to piss me off like only one household playable and how curtains bleed through the windows! very little options in buy mode and the biggest thing that pisses me off thus far is how you cannot follow a sim into a community lot such as a resturuant or a theater or any other 'rabbit hole' in the so called 'seamless neighborhood' angry all you can hear is the clattering of dishes outside of diners and laughing and chatter outside theaters so those are my irks so far about the 'leak' amoungst other things so yes if this is the retail version then this game is full of FAIL
Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2009, 12:25:35 am »

We don't know if it's not the final release or not... besides, it would be too late to make major changes anyways.

What we do know is modding will be extremely difficult to do, i.e. no more macrotastics, that alone makes it very unfriendly.  angry

I reallyyy hope its a beta because some of the stuff as far as bugs and glitches are really starting to piss me off like only one household playable and how curtains bleed through the windows! very little options in buy mode and the biggest thing that pisses me off thus far is how you cannot follow a sim into a community lot such as a resturuant or a theater or any other 'rabbit hole' in the so called 'seamless neighborhood' angry all you can hear is the cluttering of dishes outside of diners and laughing and chatter outside theaters so those are my irks so far about the 'leak' amoungst other things so yes if this is the retail version then this game is full of FAIL
This is what I'm very concerned about...  Before we could get a fix from Pes, TJ or Squigie, but now they dont' want to play nice.

edit: grammar is your friend  Laugh
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 12:31:39 am by Skaarjy » Logged
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2009, 12:27:26 am »

Thing is, SimGirl, we already know that the downloader from the Sims 2 store comes complete with SecuROM, so I'm betting that the one for 3 will, as well. They're going to find one way or another to try to slip that crap onto people's computers. I just hope this sucker tanks and leaves them with a vile taste in their mouths. Rather like the one we the customers got from their less-than friendly and ethical practises, you know?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2009, 12:38:39 am »

Agreed Paden but EA never really said there would be no SecuROM in the retail version either they just said that they were going to use less invasive DRM methods such as limited installs or having to register online in order to download 'RiverView' rolleyes but I guess one can still asume all they want if the leak is a beta or not but no one will really know for sure until the 2nd but like I say I have seen some really crappy looking graphics and sorry but some of the shit on there looks like someone drawn it with a pencil as far as walls and buildings go, it just really looks a bit too cartoony for me but I don't know I guess I am just spoiled with all the CC I have come in contact with through my TS2 games amoungst all the EPs I have purchased to compliment the game, but you know I probably will go ahead and buy it to finish my Sims collection but I will defiantley bitch and rant about it until some decent EPs and CC come out for it, because not everyone wants there whole damn house in leopard print we want new hair and new objects and new interactionS for crying outloud EA! to me right now it just looks like one giant EYE SORE but we all must remember tis only a base game and perhaps it will get better but I'm really extremely bored with my TS2 game and can't think of anything else to do with it because it all seems so redundant and repetitive to me that I am just aching for a change as far as game-play goes and perhaps TS3 will deliver?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2009, 01:06:59 am »

SimGirl, there's plenty to do with TS2 to relieve the boredom.  Changing your style of play it the biggest thing you could do.  Just putting new pretty clothes on your sims gets old and boring real fast.  Maybe you have already, but it not start a thread in Sims 2 Discussion to get different ideas you could try.
Roxy2004

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2009, 02:39:02 am »

I have no love of EA, but I do have to correct some misinformation.  The Sims2 EADM software does not contain SecuROM.  This was tested by several people I know.  The EADM is a bear to get uninstalled though.  Updates to existing SecuROM files can come through the EADM, but the EADM itself is clean.  Would I install it, heck no.  It causes other problems for people.

For me, the deal breaker is if 3rd party mods/meshes/textures cannot be imported.  A vanilla sims game does not appeal to me.  After all I have 2 different Downloads folder that each have around 7gbs of custom content. Rock

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2009, 03:50:43 am »

There will be CC, the game im running generated a downloads folder.

The only shareable CC I can see will be sims, recolored items made in the game, and the items from the Sims 3 store, which will cost between 14 to 20 dollars for a set.  I got that info from Simprograms.  I don't see anyone being able to make custom meshes, which will bore me out my mind. After playing for 2 days, I am through with it. Sims are too funny looking and kinda disturbing. Oh yeah the graphics suck, gameplay don't make sense.

Back to my Sims 2 game. Loving it for life, got it playing just the way I want.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: