Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 12:57:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 DRM!  (Read 90070 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2009, 03:55:45 am »

There will be CC, the game im running generated a downloads folder.

The only shareable CC I can see will be sims, recolored items made in the game, and the items from the Sims 3 store, which will cost between 14 to 20 dollars for a set.  I got that info from Simprograms.  I don't see anyone being able to make custom meshes, which will bore me out my mind. After playing for 2 days, I am through with it. Sims are too funny looking and kinda disturbing. Oh yeah the graphics suck, gameplay don't make sense.

Back to my Sims 2 game. Loving it for life, got it playing just the way I want.

And apparently their digitially marked (sorta like digitially marked drivers for windows).  It'll be much much harder to bypass.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2009, 03:58:23 am »

The only shareable CC I can see will be sims, recolored items made in the game, and the items from the Sims 3 store, which will cost between 14 to 20 dollars for a set. 

Have you read the comments there? They make me shake my head in amazement. "I may buy...", "not tons, but..."

As long as this is the mainstream it's no wonder EA wanders that path. They're selling items that could have been included in the base game and charge up to an amount that's again half of the game's prize and people say thank you dear company.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2009, 04:21:50 am »

I know, 20 dollars for a few items. What is so great about the Sims 3 that would warrant such prices? Nothing I have seen. They should be shot for that idea.

After reading those comments, I guess I see EA's point. If 1% of the consumers buy from the store, they will get their money and a little profit back, Econ 101.

Way to go, sheep.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2009, 04:34:06 am »

And the numbers are there, just look at the idiots that still download from tsr and even more idiotically post a thank you.
Now that has to be about as dumb as thanking your attacker after you've been mugged.
Yep! the numbers are there.

Yea sheep, reportedly one of the stupidest animals on earth.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:44:02 am by roerzman » Logged
Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2009, 04:44:39 am »

Hey now thats an insult to sheep!!! Their much smarter than the TSRers  Grin
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2009, 05:37:32 am »

Now that I have been forgiven I go to the BBS occasionally to snoop around and blow them the odd raspberry. The new word there now is 'bene' I think its some Latin endearment.
The numbers that are carrying on about how wonderful and convenient the sims 3 store will be is amazing. The logic appears to be centered on how much cheaper it's going to be getting CC. as apposed to buying an EP. To quote " now I can choose individual sets and not have to take what comes in the EPs and thereby save a lot of money"
Makes you question whether they have been put on this earth just to waste someone else's oxygen.
You're right, it is an insult to sheep.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2009, 05:56:28 am »

Now that I have been forgiven I go to the BBS occasionally to snoop around and blow them the odd raspberry. The new word there now is 'bene' I think its some Latin endearment.

It's latin and Italian for good.

However, it always amazes me, that people flog to the producer for custom content. It can't be the kids, since they probably know more about the internet than their parents. And it amazes me more if it's indeed adults looking for that kind of stuff. The vanilla sims are a kids game after all. Yes, I played the vanilla TS2 for some weeks and had a good laugh, but looking for custom content was always on my mind. The original game would have bored me pretty soon.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2009, 06:07:57 am »

this is just my opinion but i played the sims2 with no cc for a long time and i did not mind so if its the same with the sims3 it won't botter me as well.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2009, 06:41:04 am »

So did I Pierre, and enjoyed it. The difference is that I knew that better things were coming, and they sure did. With this thing I have no such illusions, unless the whole thing goes leg up and they have to re-release the thing open source to recoup their losses.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2009, 08:31:33 am »

Sims 3 doesn't need anything but a serial number. There is no copy protection on it all. I have it on good authority Smiley Wink
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2009, 08:40:23 am »

Sims 3 doesn't need anything but a serial number. There is no copy protection on it all. I have it on good authority Smiley Wink

Thank you very much for the info

Pierre Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2009, 08:47:19 am »

It will try to connect to the net though, so block it with your firewall.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2009, 09:01:08 am »

will have disc-based copy protection – there is a Serial Code just like The Sims 2. To play the game there will not be any online authentication needed.

i jst wanted to point out that you forgot to mention this part in your info play the game there will not be any online authentication needed.Thank you

*Moderation Note:  Please lay off of the red glow/highlighting... it actually makes it harder to read what you're trying to say, especially for people using browsers other than IE.*
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 02:34:28 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2009, 09:39:37 am »

You don't need online authentication to play it. The downloads stuff is all a load of rubbish anyway. The same crap they came up with for Spore. It's not needed. 
sethdil

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2009, 08:31:57 pm »

Have you read the comments there? They make me shake my head in amazement. "I may buy...", "not tons, but..."

You know what Thomas Tusser wrote- "A fool and his money are soon parted". So long as gamers support micro transactions like the DLC of fallout3 and oblivion or like the upcoming content for the sims3 store companies will see us as cash cows and keep following that business model.

Ok coming off my soapbox now cause it's darn slippery up here all alone.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: