Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 01:25:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 DRM!  (Read 90047 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2009, 10:53:11 pm »

Enough please. Beta not beta, beta not beta. Let's wait until the 2nd. Then we will see who is right. Yes you have your opinion, but I keep seeing the same thing over and over on different threads. It's a no win situation. Torrent it, buy it, curse it, Love it. Who cares. Enough about  the BETA! Now that's my opinion.

i tend to agree with you Wink and lets not judge a book by its cover until we actual see it Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2009, 11:07:47 pm »

Enough please. Beta not beta, beta not beta. Let's wait until the 2nd. Then we will see who is right. Yes you have your opinion, but I keep seeing the same thing over and over on different threads. It's a no win situation. Torrent it, buy it, curse it, Love it. Who cares. Enough about  the BETA! Now that's my opinion.

A lot of these stupidities shouldn't have even gotten through the alpha build.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2009, 12:09:07 am »

For the love of mike Pierre. If it is a beta, EA. would have fallen over themselves to bombard the media with that information. instead they are choosing to remain silent about the whole affair in the hope that it will all blow over by the time it's released.
Can any of the doubters out there please offer a plausible explanation for EAs choosing to remain mum on the whole affair even as what little reputation they still have is being dragged further into the mud.
Let's cut this, it could be, it looks like, and I just found this crap.
They have been caught out. UNDERSTAND? They have been caught attempting to pass on some half baked  shonky game as a blockbuster, something that we were supposed to discover ONLY after we handed over our cash.
Being able to actually play the game and draw a true conclusion instead of carefully dressed up video previews, has snookered them.
As for the origin of the release, no doubt a disgruntled employee.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2009, 12:24:07 am »

This is from Yahoo News

Read

Towards the bottom

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2009, 01:08:04 am »

Mr. Pescado has already commented on that.  Tripe.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2009, 01:14:25 am »

I didn't know that........

ooops!

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2009, 01:19:24 am »

If this some half baked game then why statement about 4 million in lost revenue to date = 180000 copies and growing.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2009, 01:25:20 am »

You don't have to be so rude to everyone who is under the assumption that it MIGHT be a beta, I mean how do you know it isn't a final copy? You don't know, and you won't know until you buy the damn thing. Oh and stop sucking up to Pescado like that, he might be a great modder but he's not God so...
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2009, 02:41:38 am »

I'm sorry.It's juat some half baked beta that EA. has released to give people a taste of what's to come, And old Pescado is nothing but an ill-informed, rude, obnoxious old ba-----. Happy?
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2009, 02:57:27 am »

I'm phrasing this very carefully so as not to step on anybody's toes. That's not my intention. I only want to give you some insights in what my business life is all about and what it has to do with incidents as that leaked copy:

I'm working in the press and PR business for about 20 years. So personal experience tells me, that if that copy wasn't the real deal, there would be headlines flashing and press releases raiding the websites and mags. To keep quiet as they do is either extremely stupid or in the hope of the storm blowing over and being able to cover up.

I'm aware, that there's a lot of excitement and hope for TS 3. So here's my carefully phrased advise: If you don't like what you already see in screenshots and reviews, don't go for it. Even if it was a Beta. They couldn't possibly have changed the animations and modells in such a short span of time.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2009, 05:28:14 am »

Excuse me, Wednesday17 but I like everyone else on this forum have a right to their opinion. Do not tell me how and what to believe because you will likely loose the battle.

Whoa there! Slow down a bit, will ya. I said, no offense. That means I don't want to argue with you and sureley don't want to fight any battle. I don't know why you overreact that way, when I tell the truth as observed by myself about the game. I didn't attack you, I attacked EA. Unless you own EA, there's no reason for you to go to war with me. Now, English is not my native language and I might be making mistakes, but I really didn't intend to battle any Sims player, you might've misunderstood me there.

And to clear that up once more: believe all you want about a beta. Maybe they have yet fixed some things like spinning guitars and sims jumping through walls. BUT. That doesn't change the game itself. Or did you think they made two totally different concepts and leaked one out and the other will be fine? This is what they advertised, with the create a style feature (the one good thing) and the CAS without the possibility to make a realistic looking sim. It looks exactely like the videos. Look at my avatar, that's a Sims2 sim - you won't be seeing such beauty and detail in Sims3.

If I want to bahh like all the other flock of sheep EA is herding toward the game then I will. I don't think I will be wasting my money, come the 2nd because I planned on buying the game ANYWAY to complete my Sims collection, so thank you for telling me how to not spend my money Wink

And again, I don't dictate how you spend your money, I had hope you maybe weren't a sheep, but you want to be, so go and give them your money. But as long as they earn money from crap, they won't ever change the poor quality of their games. But you can't say you haven't been warned.

I do believe the game can be a nice experience if EA allow open source CC like they did in TS2. Do they not see that CC is what has kept the franchise alive for so long? Are they really that stupid to not allow the community to be creative and create their own content for their game, that they shelled out 50-70$ for?

Yes, they are. And that is my whole point. They created The Sims3 in a manner, that makes it illegal, even to make any custom content for your private use, let alone share it with the community. Because they saw, how big this is, how players jump on the custom content and they saw another business opportunity. They can make their own "custom content" now and sell it, yay! And they cannibalized not only the previous Sims incarnation, but also lots of custom mods from people who had made that in their own time and without money. When you buy it an play it you will know what I mean (don't beat me up again for telling you the facts, unpleasant as they may be, for I didn't make them). What I can tell you, is that I thought about a guy named Numenor a lot (from MTS2). I see a lot of his game modifications in this game (this already started with some of the later Sims2 EP's). So I'm sorry if you sympathize with the EA company that much and feel pain when I bash them, but don't cry and say I bashed you. See it for yourself and then we can talk again.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 05:33:27 am by Wednesday17 » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2009, 07:56:42 am »

Alright folks, keep the topic from getting personal, it gets slightly off-track.  It's gone okay until now, so there's no need to flare up over stuff.  Tongue

As for the Yahoo article link... I thought the second neighborhood was supposed to be downloaded from the Sims 3 Store?  Who the heck are they trying to kid there?  EA needs better PR reps.  Grin

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2009, 08:05:26 am »

EA needs better PR reps.  Grin

Not even the best PR department can make an elephant fly. That's the whole point of what I was trying to say. They're out of words. Maybe the had a so called special edition at the ready containing that second neighbourhood. And chances are, they will sell that as the standard edition to minimize damage.

At least that's what I would do in their shoes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2009, 08:08:00 am »

The statement issued by EAxis is utter PR tripe, obviously. This is no surprise: EAxis can no longer simply deny that the version exists, and they CERTAINLY cannot actually admit it is the REAL thing, so they HAVE to say that.

A review of the actual information available to us paints an interesting picture, though.

The build date reported on the executable is 2009-04-22. The date the game was announced "Gold" is 2009-05-08, meaning the actual event occurred an indeterminate amount of time prior. This means that the build date of that executable was a scant 2 weeks before the game was permanently imprinted to DVD. Now, ask yourself: If the game was only built 2 weeks before the date they booted it out the door, how much could they REALLY have changed? More importantly, in software development, every new build must be subjected to testing, especially the final build. Two weeks is not a lot of testing time, and if this is NOT the final build, that means the REAL final build has even *LESS* testing. Regardless, there is no way they could have done very much at this stage in 2 weeks or less. In software development, software is declared "Feature Complete", meaning no new features will be added, far in advance of ship dates.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. Any gripes we have about the game are based in its design, not in the minutiae. If the game's DESIGN is flawed, two weeks of additional work cannot save it.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2009, 08:41:09 am »

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. Any gripes we have about the game are based in its design, not in the minutiae. If the game's DESIGN is flawed, two weeks of additional work cannot save it.

Thank you!
That was exactely what I meant but didn't find the right words for, apparently.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
  Print  

Jump to: