Insimenator.org
May 18, 2024, 09:54:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newest Edition of SimPE REFUSES to open >=[  (Read 1987 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:09:10 pm »

Hey all I noticed yesterday morning that my SimPE was only compatible up to free-time and not compatible with M&G Or AL so I went to SimPE's official site to upgrade to SimPE .072 okay so I let it download, install and all that and while it was doing that it un-installed my older edition which was .068 okay this is where I am confused I read the read-me that came with the application and I know for a fact that I have all other extra programs and applications that are needed to execute SimPE ie. Microsoft FrameWork Utilites and the NVidia Utilites what ever there called I have them but this SimPE absolutley refuses to open it will pop up the little banner saying the version name and the SimPE ... Building your world logo but as far as that the program just sits there and sits there without EVER opening and the logo won't go off the screen and I can't ctrl alt and delete to close it out because windows doesn't recongnize it as an open application because its 'starting up' but anyway I have to completley shut down my computer for the stupid thing to go off the screen UGGGHHH!! I had to restart it like 5 times and then decided to just delete it..does anyone else know of this issue or what I could do? thanks for helping and letting me vent

I think I have found the problem with it not opening and I have included a screenshot of the error..okay as you can see in initial SimPE setup the top three check boxes that say Core Components, SimPE and Basic Plugins, PLJones SimAntics Editor are not selected as check marked and those three are actually in harddrive mode meaning there is NO way to even check or uncheck them I deleted that copy and tried another installation but this time even after removing simPE and all components from my computer when I try to download it, the file acts as if the memory of the install in still in the computer somewhere because a download bar goes across really quickly like it has already downloaded 7MB of information in like 5 seconds.. PFT not on my connection it didn't Undecided anyway I really need someones help because I tried posting in the SimPE help forums  on the site but Inge has closed all threads for some reason as there is no 'post new reply' section..I'm at a loss on what to do because I tried several different mirror sites and still the problem persists so I don't know how I would get a copy with the main plug-ins installed because that is obviously the problem right??

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:31:22 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:12:48 am »

You probably need to go to MTS2 for SimPE support. It was not developed on InSim but over there and it's creators are over there. Also, keep in mind that SimPE needs an additional update for M&G, it is not enough to just install the latest version but you also need to patch it.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:53:10 am »

Engram I will go over to MTS2 and look over there and see what they say but also what you are saying is that I should download and install SimPE main .72 and also the M&G Patch to get SimPE to run at all? maybe those check boxes are letting me know that I need the patch for the boxes to be highlighted? huh okay let me try that and go over to MTS2 if the problem still persists.. Thank you so much for your response Engram I was hoping someone would give some insight on this tonight because I am never hardly online during the day
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 04:18:12 am »

I think I have found the problem with it not opening and I have included a screenshot of the error..okay as you can see in initial SimPE setup the top three check boxes that say Core Components, SimPE and Basic Plugins, PLJones SimAntics Editor are not selected as check marked and those three are actually in harddrive mode meaning there is NO way to even check or uncheck them

For the complete installation, you don't need to do anything with those checkboxes.  You can't do anything with the core components because they are already checked and must be installed for SimPE to work.

I deleted that copy and tried another installation but this time even after removing simPE and all components from my computer when I try to download it, the file acts as if the memory of the install in still in the computer somewhere because a download bar goes across really quickly like it has already downloaded 7MB of information in like 5 seconds.. PFT not on my connection it didn't Undecided

The first time you downloaded the file, it was put into your browser's temporary files.  When you tried downloading it again, you browser found it in the temorary files and used that copy.  It's a good copy.  Go ahead and install it and leave the checkboxes alone.

anyway I really need someones help because I tried posting in the SimPE help forums  on the site but Inge has closed all threads for some reason as there is no 'post new reply' section..I'm at a loss on what to do because I tried several different mirror sites and still the problem persists so I don't know how I would get a copy with the main plug-ins installed because that is obviously the problem right??

When the program starts up, it will take some time for the splash screen to go away as SimPE loads.  If you have used the default installation folders for your game and SimPE, as SimPE loads a number of messages will appear saying what is being loaded.  I don't know what will happen if you've changed any of the installation folders.  How long it takes to load will depend on how much RAM your computer has, and how fast the processor is.

You probably need to go to MTS2 for SimPE support. It was not developed on InSim but over there and it's creators are over there. Also, keep in mind that SimPE needs an additional update for M&G, it is not enough to just install the latest version but you also need to patch it.

MTS2 has nothing to do with SimPE support unless they've recently added that. Support is still available at the SimPE site.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 11:21:43 pm »

Hey Guys I have more or less figured out what the problem is and it is quite embarassing for me to admit lmfao! but I guess I'll give you all a good laugh Cheesy so I changed the font color on my toolbar on my pink background to WHITE and you can see in the SimPE screenshot that the banner is indeed WHITE so how the hell are you going to see white words on a white background? Blink lool I feel such an idiot, talk about a friggin Blonde Moment rolleyes anyway Ancient Highway what you told me about SimPE taking much longer to load depending on the memory available in the computer well once I finally realized what I had done I went in and everytime I would click on something the little hour-glass would just sit there and spin for EVER so I figure it probably had more than likely frozen up giving me no other option but to close out of it and I haven't messed with it since because everytime I do the sucker freezes up on me, so It's turning out to be more trouble than its worth but looking on the bright side this newest version of SimPE only takes up 30 MB while the older version took up a whopping 93 MB on my harddrive so I guess thats a plus well thanks everyone for the help on this and I sure hope Quaxi doesn't think I'm an idiot because I PMed last night on MTS2 asking for his help lol!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: