Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 01:32:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SimPE Problemo  (Read 1445 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2009, 04:53:58 am »

Ok, so here's the present dilemma I'm having right now. I've decided I wanted to package up a few sims for community download, and I've fully read and comprehended the process of how to extract in-game born sims using SimPE, cloning them in Body Shop then re-extracting them with Clean Installer. The problem is that I can't seem to even get passed step one. I'll open up SimPE, go to tolls and Neighborhood Selector, then choose the hood where my sims are (Pleasantview) and then the damn thing will do one of two things...

1. Freeze, and stay frozen for a while. Longest I let it sit was 1:18:45 and still no progress.

2. Crash.

I realize that having as much content as I do is probably a big part into why SimPE isn't working properly, but is there a way I can get it to operate normally without having to move or remove anything?

saowens
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 08:34:58 am »

Take a look over here. There is most likely someone else that has experienced the same thing and has posted the solution. Maybe you just need to update simpe.

This site will get you an answer a lot faster than Insimenator will. http://sims.ambertation.de/
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 11:51:03 am »

As it turns out, the problem isn't SimPE at all...it's my P.O.S. PC. (You should be able to figure out what POS means...lol) While I'm able to squeeze all of it's power out to get the game to run at an awesome rate, a slow processor is a slow processor. And I'm still running 512MB of RAM...namely because this model doesn't support anything higher then 512. (Believe me, I've tried larger RAM, the PC won't even boot up.) So in a nutshell, extracting In-Game Sims is a no go for me until I take this old horse behind the shed and upgrade to a new, faster model. But thanks for the link, I bookmarked it just in case.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: