Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 06:13:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weather Controller?  (Read 2130 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2009, 11:45:39 pm »

Okay I downloaded cyclonesues's Hydri-Sphere lot and he somehow used transparent tiles to create the illusion of a roof for the home and I moved my alien in and the first thing that happened was it started hailing in summer? Blink and she kept getting pelted by hail..and I can't remove the tiles to create a different roof or even put a roof on the top so everytime it rains or hails my sim sits there and whines because shes getting wet or pelted and she keeps getting the 'theres weather inside my house!' thought and theres really nothing I can do about it since this lot was created in 2006 2 years before Seasons came out so I was looking at some of the comments in his other lot which was created after the Hydri-Sphere called The TOMMORROW Complex and one of the members had this comment

On Mar 20, 2007 ErinStewart wrote: | Unpublish| Delete  A really fun house, but since it has no roof my Sims weren't very happy about getting rained on. That's what the weather controller is for. 

So heres my question, what the heck is the weather controller I've never seen this in any of the game options or is this some kind of hack because I would love to stop it from Raining and storming all the time that seems like the only weather that really puts a strain on my game because it goes so sloooww when it rains thanks for helping I was just curious as to where I could go to get this controller

*EDIT* I actually found the controller over at SimsWardrobe by looking at some of the recent topics by typing in Weather Controller in the search bar on the home page and I downloaded it but noticed that Paladin didn't add an option for it to be Sunny when you change the weather and I was also wondering if by turning off the weather all together which I will probably do to give my graphics card a rest would this corrupt my game? Paladin said there would be no problems if you just click reset weather it will go back to Maxis defaults but I'm still un-sure because this is a global hack
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 12:18:46 am by SimGirl20 » Logged
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:23:29 am »

Why not just use the aspiration rewards one?

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 02:15:19 am »

You shouldn't experience any problems turning off the weather.  You could always make a backup of your TS2 folders if you aren't sure.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 11:36:12 pm »

I guess I'll just have to take my chances eh? lol but I don't think it will bork the game or Paladin would have updated it in his mod problems section right? and I would use the aspiration award but its way too huge and doesnt have the option to eliminate the weather which I want in strangetown as we are in the desert, I mean have you ever heard of it hailing in the desert like it did yesterday on my sims head? GAH
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 02:26:14 am »

Sure. I live in the desert and we get hail. Some big ones sometimes.  Grin
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 10:36:46 pm »

I guess it is possible then lol but you got to loove this damn global warming though *scoffs*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: