Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 10:46:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does your Sim sell a product / Retire home business?  (Read 2135 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2009, 06:34:08 pm »

Okay, so I've been having too many issues, lately, lol.

The latest is my gallery. I have a photographer who takes pictures with the career rewards camera and then sells them. My photographer is holding his big opening night and I've already marked up all his photographs on the walls. There are a ton of people here, but no one is buying... on their own at least. I can't seem to get them to buy anything without cheating. I have cheated all this time. I wanted to actually try it the original way and not "select" my customers and what they buy.

Yes, they have the customer sign above their head and my employees and the manager are shmoozing and doing their selling thing (the photography has a Gold in Sales), but no one is buying. They sit around forever waiting. So, how do I get them to buy on their own?

I wouldn't bother you guys with this but I seem to have misplaced my OFB guide and the one online doesn't get into specifics.

Anyone a successful entrepreneur in the Sims?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 10:52:33 am by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:24:51 am »

I know I'm not supposed to double-post. Apologies to the moderators. But one, I know people know how to run a business, and two, I have a new question on top of the one above and three - I wanted people to notice it.

I no longer want my home business. I tried googling for the answer, although, all I'm coming up with is how to close it for the day. So, how do you retire a home business?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 04:50:20 pm »

If the home busines owner goes to the phone or computer, there should be an option to shut down the business. BUT...

That option can be somewhat wonky and might cause problems with the Sim trying to perform it.

Suggest trying it out with a test 'hood and that 'hood's test Sims first in case it does dramatically freeze things up (just delete the test 'hood using the trash can in the 'hood selection screen in that case).

The wonkiness does seem to occur much less frequently, it seems, if you delete everything related to the business (sellable items and anything else flagged as ugly business yellow in Business mode - you'll probably have to unflag them and then use the hand tool in Wholesale mode to delete, shelves, cash register, etc.) from the home shop FIRST, before trying to use the the shut down business option.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 08:13:46 am »

Okay, I'll try that...

What about the selling of items? Like I said, I do the basic sell but no one is buying. Am I missing a step? Should I be selling items just from the selling that my staff is doing?

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 08:44:34 am »

Okay, I'll try that...

What about the selling of items? Like I said, I do the basic sell but no one is buying. Am I missing a step? Should I be selling items just from the selling that my staff is doing?

That I don't know for sure.

It could be they are priced too high, or the environment needs tweaking up to make for an atmosphere more conducive to sales, or they'll sell more regularly after getting more customer stars or some good reviews,

Strictly a stab in the dark guess, but maybe putting the photos on a surface rather than on the walls will help.

Have never tried selling photos -- toughest shop I run is a sideline home business which sells strictly playable musical instruments, Myshuno game, telescopes and a few other selected custom items in the thousand Simolean-plus range and as they run high in price sales are few and far between.
alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 01:13:53 pm »

this may seem like a silly question but... is there a cash register on the lot?

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 03:21:01 pm »

If the home busines owner goes to the phone or computer, there should be an option to shut down the business.

Okay, I'll try that...

It could be they are priced too high

This could very well be the reason. I only raised the price to be more realistic and also to make up for the thousands of dollars I lost during the few days of shooting models and not having the gallery open for business.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:02:46 am by kinnika » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: