Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 07:58:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Pregnancy Crashing Game  (Read 10195 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« on: June 10, 2009, 08:54:53 am »

I have a female Sim who is pregnant, and I can't wait till she gives birth. But, when she goes to give birth, the game says "Bab(y/ies) on the way" and then crashes.

I do have the Trips & Quads hack/mod installed but that has worked fine before, the last family I played with had Quads and there was no crashing.

I'm thinking I might have downloaded something to conflict with my Trips & Quads hack/mod, or something similar, so here are the screenshots from the DDO of my hacks & mods and ZMobies! folders.

Hacks & Mods 01 // Hacks & Mods 02 // Hacks & Mods 03  // ZMobies!

[Yes, there are some ISA items in there]

Anyway. Any help would be appreciated, thank you Smiley
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 09:19:28 am »

It also could be the bad birth bug, I experianced that with one sim a very very long time ago with the base game.

If you use the Insim or anything like it, you could simply terminate the pregnancy and try again. Thats what I did to get around that problem with the aformention Sim.

But, that was just my case. It might be a mod conflict too.

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:29:38 am »

It also could be the bad birth bug, I experianced that with one sim a very very long time ago with the base game.

If you use the Insim or anything like it, you could simply terminate the pregnancy and try again. Thats what I did to get around that problem with the aformention Sim.

But, that was just my case. It might be a mod conflict too.

Nah, I don't use Insim, thanks though Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:53:05 am »

You might be using a skin tone on one of the parents that isn't programmed for infants. That happened to me few years back when I used the mannequin skintone on a sim.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 10:29:18 am »

You might be using a skin tone on one of the parents that isn't programmed for infants. That happened to me few years back when I used the mannequin skintone on a sim.

Ahh right, it's just the Sim that's pregnant was an NPC and I don't know how to change their skintones in game...

Edit:// The woman she tried for a baby with [pregnancy for all genders hack] had a custom skintone I think - will that affect it? And if so, what should I do? tongue
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:00:43 am by scarletlady » Logged
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 11:05:46 am »

Well, not to be a buzz kill. But you may have to get a mod like the Insim or something like it to deal with the problem. Anything that can terminate the pregnancy. Cause y'know. If its a bad skin tone, the instant the game tries to generate the baby. Its gonna crash.

There are other mods that do that then the Insim of course, its just the one I use.

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 12:06:33 pm »

Well, not to be a buzz kill. But you may have to get a mod like the Insim or something like it to deal with the problem. Anything that can terminate the pregnancy. Cause y'know. If its a bad skin tone, the instant the game tries to generate the baby. Its gonna crash.

There are other mods that do that then the Insim of course, its just the one I use.

What are the other mods that do that? It's just I think I have some hacks/mods that don't work with Insim tongue
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 12:13:45 pm »

Off the top of my sleep deprived head..the Inteenminator for certain. But its compatibility is questionable at times. And is a "Use at your own risk" deal

I really cant think of any more at present. But this is definetly the site to be asking those queestions, cause someone will know.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 12:25:39 pm »

Run HCDU and take a look at potential conflicts it show.  Ask if you aren't sure.  Resolve those conflicts before downloading more mods or terminating pregnancies.

Installing Inteen and spawning the Biological Clock may be enough to fix the pregnancy problem.  There is a version available for every EP/SP, but because of the size of the mod, additional conflict could easily arise between it and mods existing in your game.

scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 02:56:18 pm »

Off the top of my sleep deprived head..the Inteenminator for certain. But its compatibility is questionable at times. And is a "Use at your own risk" deal

I really cant think of any more at present. But this is definetly the site to be asking those queestions, cause someone will know.

Ahh okay, thanks, i'll look into it Smiley

Run HCDU and take a look at potential conflicts it show.  Ask if you aren't sure.  Resolve those conflicts before downloading more mods or terminating pregnancies.

Installing Inteen and spawning the Biological Clock may be enough to fix the pregnancy problem.  There is a version available for every EP/SP, but because of the size of the mod, additional conflict could easily arise between it and mods existing in your game.

HCDU? I'm sorry, I don't know what that is *blush* Thank you for the help, by the way, much appreciated Cheesy
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 03:23:06 pm »

HCDU is the Hack Conflict Detection Utility found here under Sims 2>Programs.

You can also change the genetic skintone of your sim in question using simPE by following this tutorial here. It's a two in one tutorial, so you have to scroll down about a third of the way to get to "Now onwards to editing existing sims...". If the problem is that you are using a sim with broken genetics, then doing this change should fix it.  

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 05:12:45 pm »

Definitely (as suggested above) run HCDU to look for possible conflicts. Note that HCDU wil list all potential conflicts -- some conflicts listed may be entirely benign and pose no gaming problems, but there just is no way for HCDU (or any other tool) to segregate only definitely extreme or malignant conflicts.

Would also suggest using Clean Installer to find and delete any duplicate files. There is at least a possibility that the game is being confused by having two or more identical files to use.

If you're that leery about using the Insimenator to terminate the pregnancy but want to go that route, you might try using Carrigon's Cauldron instead:

http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=205

(free reg. req., but you've already got Carrigon mods in your game, so presumably are already a member there).

However, one thing you might try first is to -- just before the time of birth -- exit the lot and enter Create-A-Sim, then click the dice (randomize) option in CAS about 5 or 6 times. Then just cancel the Sim in CAS and exit back to the neighborhood.

That will juggle around the parameters to apply to the birth which the game chooses when it launched -- presuming that your problem is a skintone problem, that juggling might be enough to have the game apply the other parent's skintone.

Another possibility (though unsure about whether or not it would actually work) is to remove the suspected skintone from your Downloads. The Sim with that skintone will revert to a Maxis skintone (and will stay that way if you Save the game and thereafter replace the skintone in your Downloads -- I think), but if you can live with having a Maxis tone on that Sim, then the birth parameters won't include the possibly problematic skintone.

Other than that way of changing skintones (again, not 100% sure if even that way results in a DNA change), changing skintones in game is a cosmetic, not a genetic, change -- to make the change genetic requires using an out-of-game tool such as SimPE (as mentioned above).

scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 08:24:56 am »

Okay, i've run both HCDU and the Clean Installer.

I've also tried the first method of going into the CAS screen to play with the randomiser, but that didn't work, so next up is the see if I can delete the skintone, if not, try SimPE and if not then abort pregnancy.

Thank you guys so much Smiley
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 10:24:28 am »

Okay, I download SimPE, and tried to follow this tutorial: http://community.livejournal.com/thesims2/1698960.html for the editing of existing sims, but I don't understand how to open the neighbourhood as shown on the screenshots.

Can anyone please help me? Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 10:58:13 am »

Select Tools>Neighborhood>Neighborhood browser. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: