Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 10:53:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Infant hair default!!  (Read 7379 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« on: June 26, 2009, 10:11:11 pm »

i was wondering if someone could PLEASE make a defualt replacement version of this hair by Tenshii??

please and thanx for any effort.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,75570.0.html

Find me on moonlight <3
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 02:59:19 am »

So which hair colour do you want all your S1 infants to have? And which version of the skintone do you want for the rest of the ages - the original Louis #7 self makeup or one of the edits, and if you want one of the edits, which one?

I take it you only want the S1 done? If you want the other 3 shades done, too, could you please link to the rest of the skintones you want used and nominate which hair colour you want to appear with which skintone colour?

At a wild guess, you actually want someone to create "infant hair" so that the correct colour hair appears on infants, rather than just having to tell hair colour by the eyebrows. This is just not possible. So you need to nominate which hair colour you want ALL infants with a particular skintone to have. Also, it is not possible to make a skintone default just for infants if you are going to be using a default for the rest of the ages as the infant skintone default would conflict with any all-ages replacements. Which is why you need to nominate the skintone you want to use for all other ages so that a full skintone default can be created.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 04:30:16 am »

She wants them as Bloom's default infant hair (go check out his mesh section, Engram Wink)

Might need a new mesh for this. I've tried making whispy hair defaults myself, but the hair looks like it floats an (ingame) inch or so over the baby's head, so it just looks weird. Have to admit that I'm not very good with hair recolors and such myself, so others might be able to do it better than me Wink
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:57:41 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 05:45:04 am »

She wants them as Bloom's default infant hair (go check out his mesh section, Engram Wink
I might just have to Smiley Good to know that someone managed to make a hair mesh for infants, even if it does float an inch above the kid's head. People have been asking for this for years.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 08:48:55 am »

She wants them as Bloom's default infant hair (go check out his mesh section, Engram Wink
I might just have to Smiley Good to know that someone managed to make a hair mesh for infants, even if it does float an inch above the kid's head. People have been asking for this for years.

Lol, mine doesn't float a inch above the head Wink

No longer active
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 09:09:42 am »

I did not mean the original recolors Smiley

But it did look like the hair floated when I recolored it with transparent parts (I actually tried the whispy hair). I have some pictures of that on my laptop, if I can find them...

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 10:00:07 am »

i have used blooms before, and they are beautiful, but my favorite hair is the whispy, and i wanted to be able to have the hair AND raven's nose tubes skin for my infants. um, i wonder why the default replacement floats above the sims head, raven. the other defaults don't, and neither does the kind on skin.  huh

Find me on moonlight <3
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 06:55:01 am »

Hey, BlooM, you mentioned that editing your default meshes for the babies also affects the toddler hair group it's linked to, right?  I had thought about doing this once, but never got around to fiddling with the hairs yet.  I also wanted to see if there was another way around that without changing the toddler hairs in the process, but I figure that might be a 'no' right now.  Grin 

Also, moving this to the "Hair" section, since it's more hair related than anything else with clothes.  Wink

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 09:44:19 am »

oh sorry, i couldn't think of where to put it... anyway thanks for the effort so far guys. Rock YAY

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 04:20:36 pm »

I meant that the recolor I made seemed to float. I had a picture somewhere...

...ah, here it is Smiley

(You know understand what I meant by "floating"?)

I probably used the wrong mesh. Should have used the curly, not the straight, for a more likely better result.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 04:28:08 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 09:54:57 pm »

hmmmn, i see what you mean, it looks like it floats above, because it is on the top of the straight hair, i agree yo ushould have used the curly i think, but anyway, it's a brilliant try, and i couldn't even come anywhere NEAR something like that. thanx for showing us your attempt, it's all part of the learning process. Wink

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: