Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 04:01:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: skin changer problem  (Read 1694 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
maou

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2009, 06:12:32 am »

please i have a problem everytime when i using the painting to change the skintone for example of sim to an athele/bbb or whatever it doesn't show up in the sim taking shower or nude please help
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 01:02:21 am by Jenna » Logged
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 06:45:37 am »

1) What painting? Do you mean one (or some) of the old chistianlov skintone changer paintings?

Those are obsolete hacks, and may or may not perform as expected (or at all) depending on which EPs/SPs you may have installed.

2) You need to have showerproof versions of the skintones installed.

3) Rather than the older and unsupported christioanlov paintings (if that is what you are using), suggest christianlov's replacement for all of those, here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=284572

It is a bit of work to set up and configure access to skintones, but that's just the way it is.

Regardless, if you do not have the showerpoof version of any particular skintone, then you will get the 'floating head' effect when the Sim is unclothed.

Note: Using any of the above (the obsolete paintings or the newer, shinier tool) makes the change cosmetic but not genetic (will not be passed along to offspring).

To make a skintone change genetic cannot readily be done in-game, but can be done outside of the game using a  3rd party tool, such as SimPE.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 10:03:35 am »

And next, this is in the wrong section. If you're having problems with your game, it belongs in the General Sims 2 Help section, or one of it's appropriate child forum. I'll move this for you.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: