Insimenator.org
May 10, 2024, 10:51:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 neighborhood won't load??? :(  (Read 3245 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PinkCherri

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2009, 12:04:13 pm »

I had a custom neighborhood that I had all of my families in, and I had to delete the sims 2, and redownload it later, and I kept all of my files.
So when I redownloaded the game, I replaced the new files with mine,
And everything shows up, except my neighborhood! All of the files are there, I can't get the game to read it!

Please help me Sad
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 06:06:28 pm »

1. Take the folder with your custom neighbourhood and put it somewhere safe. Take note of what the folder is called, eg. N007.

2. Go back into the game and at the neighbourhood chooser screen keep making new random hoods until you get enough to have made a folder with the right number, ie. N007 (or whatever).

3. Exit to desktop.

4. Go back to the Neighboorhoods folder and go to the desired folder. Delete everything inside but leave the folder.

5. Go to you hood backup and copy everything inside the folder. Not the folder itself, but its contents.

6. Paste the contents into the now empty N007 (or whatever) folder inside Neighborhoods.

When you fire up the game, your custom hood should hopefully be there. You can now delete any of the other hoods you created to make the game generate the correct folder.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: