Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 09:58:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crash Landing  (Read 1879 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2009, 01:11:48 am »

I have only the base game installed. I have 6,122 downloads, that are all for just the base game. As of yet I do not have any families or houses built as I have just recently re-installed sims 2. I do have insim but not inteen and I have a hack that removes the blur. I also have a hack that allows triplets and quads. I've tried removing sections of my downloads but it still does not work. It comes up with the message that 'This program has encountered a problem. This program will now terminate.' Can anyone help me?

Edit: I have recently tried it with just the blur remover and the triplet and quad hack and it works fine. But I don't know what else I can do
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 03:48:28 am by Deadly Nightshade » Logged

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 04:23:04 am »

It sounds like there's something else in your downloads folder that is causing the crash.

Have you tried using the HCDU (Hack Conflict Detection Utility) for the hacks in your game? If not, you should do so.

The tried and true method is the 50/50 one-where you take out 50% of your downloads, run your game, put them back in, and then try the game without the other 50 %. It is a bit tiresome, but it works. The only other method that I've tried is to do it one download folder at a time.

It could be anything. But it sounds like you could have something that requires more than the base game and causing the crash.

It will be a long process to find the culprit, sorry.

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 02:25:35 am »

i've recently taken out all my downloads and it works fine without any.. i haven't yet tried it with my new set... i'll try your ways first.

Also, Bodyshop works fine. Maybe it is a hack or furniture set?

Edit: I tried that HCDU thingy and it said that there are none.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:37:35 am by Cheshire Cat » Logged

No more hiding
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 02:59:59 am »

I have fixed it. Turns out it was a collection of items from Club Crimsyn that when mixed with Sims2Cri's pregnant outfits hack and the triplet and quad hack messed up my game. I have gotten rid of the items and the outfit hack and it works fine. Thank you MaryH. I also used the EA Content Manager. Thank you EA! This thread may now be deleted or closed.. or whatever you do with threads where the topic has been fixed/closed.

No more hiding
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: