Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 10:02:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Mod request for vehicles  (Read 3877 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
phurd

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2009, 03:32:10 am »

Is there any way to make vehicles so that you have to maintain them or tinker with them? I have seen mods for cars that need money to drive, I was just wanting something that you can work on them too. I got tired of always buying the hobby car and fixing it.
I have all expansions up to apartment life but no stuff packs installed.
Thanks in advance.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 04:21:16 am »

I believe PC-Sims had such a taxi back in the days they were active.  It may be available in the Graveyard still.
phurd

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 03:02:38 pm »

Thanks, yes it is still there. It is called private taxi. I tried it and it is not really what I am looking for, plus it had some issues with my game (it caused a problem with my sims family where they missed school bus and carpool) I did not understand that.
What I am looking for is a mod that will let you tinker/repair a car like you do with the hobby car. Or you can't drive it.
Any other ideas?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 03:41:49 pm »

There is a mod that might fit the bill if you're looking to have Sims develop their Mechanic skill, but I don't know if Tinkering is included or not with this mod:

Dr. Pixel's Skill Motor
Realistic Engine Recolor of Dr. Pixel's Skill Motor

And this one is what you might be looking for:

Dr. Pixel's Classic/Decorative Car - Skilling/Tinkering

These are what I can find because I remembered having Dr Pixel's engines in my game awhile back.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
phurd

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 08:38:12 pm »

Thanks I will give these a try. They look more like what I am after. I mainly wanted to have my sims work on their cars if needed before they would be able to drive.
(Kinda like the computer, when it breaks down you have to repair it before you can use it again) Does this make more sense of what I am looking for?

Thank you.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 12:39:40 am »

Yes, I understand what you're after, but really, cars never break down in Sims 2. That is the reason there is no mod out there to allow your Sims to repair their cars like you described.

Cars just never break down in Sims 2 unlike the bathroom and kitchen fixtures and electronic devices. EA didn't think broken down cars would appeal to the general audience or a good selling point to generate more $$$$ for their pockets by selling an EP with cars that break down like the toilets and shower stalls.  Grin

That's the closest I can think of that will more or less satisfy what you're looking for. But someone will definitely look out for more stuff and come along to pass the information on in here. Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
phurd

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 03:29:46 am »

Thanks anyways, it would have been nice.  Grin
Everything else seems to break down, why not cars too.
I will keep my eyes peeled for more ideas.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: