Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 02:38:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adult Sim stuck as College Junior  (Read 2444 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Elleira

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2010, 11:17:57 pm »

I made a post about this over on the LJ comm and never got a reply so I thought I'd make a post here. Last night while playing, I realized that the years for some of my College age sims were off, which isn't that big a deal because I can just finish each one off before moving the couples in together elsewhere.

However, I then realized that one of my sims who had recently graduated when I was playing two weeks ago now shows that he is a junior and shows his major in the jobs spot even tho he has a job and he has memories of graduating and a diploma. Also where it shows that he's a junior, it's been stuck at 64 hours till final no matter how many days pass.

Help?
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 01:26:59 am »

The University patch fixed a number of ageing issues, particularly one where Sims age meters would not properly reset after age transitioning. Is your game patched?

If yes, may be a conflict with a hack. Did you check out the Game Problems tutorial on the Wiki:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Game_Problem
Elleira

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 02:26:42 am »

I don't know if my game is patched. I bought it only a few months before Sims 3 came out and I have all the expansion packs and I had installed them in order when I had to reinstall them after my comp was wiped last year.

And the only mods I have are the same sex marriage and pregnancy for all, which I have downloaded for the latest expansion pack I have.
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:30:25 am »

Your game is patched if you have expansions newer than University.
I would recommend following the Wiki tutorial. There's definitely some conflict there. You might also have hacks that you are unaware of- use Cleaninstaller to scan your Downloads folder. Any files that show up red are hacks or hacked objects. Remove those first.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 01:14:32 pm »

Not necessarily. Installing the new EPs doesn't automatically patch it. I learned that the hard way and patch after installing each EP.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 05:23:37 pm »

Okay Elleira, in that case you better grab all the patches here: http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
Elleira

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 02:28:17 am »

Thanks, both of you. I'll try both of those.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: