Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:49:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Half Life 2 'Missing Textures' Set  (Read 7904 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
peridox

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2010, 12:18:41 pm »

Hello! This is another one of my sets in my ongoing Half Life 2 project! This one requires a little more explanation than the other sets, for these are textures that went unused in the Half Life 2 files. That means that OCCASIONALLY some of these aren't as high quality, but I thought it was important anyway to preserve these since someone did work hard on them.

Let me then introduce the three wall sets.

Borealis Hull Walls
"The Borealis, originally known as the Hyperborea, is a location and chapter cut from Half-Life 2. It was to be set between two other cut locations, the Air Exchange and Kraken Base, and to be the last location of the third day, visited during the night. "
See this article for more information!
While the Borealis has re-emerged as a canon location in the future Episode 3, these textures belong to the original design. They are all named 'hull', and are metal textures.

Unused Textures
Just a small set of some textures that once belonged to the 'e3_industrial' and other related maps (the 'Combine Factories') cut from the finished game. These are merely included for curiosity reasons, and have some mixed materials. This also has some very early Citadel textures that were modified or refined before being introduced in the finished game. Read more about the Factories here.

Valve Building Template Walls
These are some early 'Building Template' textures, which are mostly recolored sidings of different type. This set includes a bit of brick, and a bit of painted siding. There's no special story attached to these, but it's a shame to let them go to waste. (Some may have been reused in future locations, but they are all grouped in a Building Template category.)

Enjoy! More to come in the near future.

* thumbnail.jpg (7.3 KB, 246x148 - viewed 11127 times.)
jjjim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 07:45:32 am »

Great job! Thanks so much.  Rock
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: