Insimenator.org
May 13, 2024, 03:48:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: testingcheatsenabled  (Read 4972 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lthrmn

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2010, 08:03:45 pm »

I have read about the things you can do with the "boolprop customcheatsenabled true", so I decided to give it a try.  I opened the cheat box, typed it in, and pressed enter. When I play a family it runs perfectly normally, but I can't do any of the stuff the cheat supposedly allows me to do.  I shift click on a Sim... nothing appears but the normal actions.  I shift click on the mailbox, the newspaper... nothing out of the ordinary.  What am I doing wrong... or is there something special I need to upload for this cheat to work?  I am playing with Double Deluxe plus OFB.  Thanks for any help you can offer.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 08:13:35 pm »

Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true Wink
If you write "custom" instead of "testing", it won't do anything.

I'm not sure if you really mean the "allmenus on" cheat, though you can read more about that here.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
lthrmn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:27:00 pm »

Don't know why I typed "custom"...  I did correctly type "testing" in the game
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:01:10 pm »

Maybe you typed it wrong or misspelled it somehow. The cheat box don't always react to misspelling.
Some people have to use capital letters too: Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled True

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:02:21 pm »

When are you typing the cheat in? It's been a while since I manually had to type it since my game automatically loads with the cheat enabled, but I seem to remember typing the cheat in while still in the neighbourhood screen makes a difference.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
gk4495

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 10:14:11 pm »

Are you holding the shift button down when you click on the Sims, etc.?
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 01:11:55 am »

What Joy said Smiley

You need to either type the cheat while in hood view and before entering the lot or go to a comm lot after entering it or exit to hood view and go back in. It won't work if you just type it in while inside a lot and then try to use it's features. You actually have to load/re-load the lot after entering the cheat.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 06:56:25 am »

That's not entirely true.   You can enter the cheat while on a lot, and get the debug menus, i.e. shift-click, on objects and sims.  However, you don't get the ability to adjust motives, skills, or any other "slider" item.  For the cheat to work 100% though, the lot has to be entered or reentered after the cheat is activated.

So, for the OP not to have the debug menus, the cheat was entered incorrectly.  The OP has already stated the attempt to shift-click various objects, and it's fair to assume the shift key is held down while clicking.  Theraven may have stated the answer with the use of the capital letters.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 07:15:33 am »

Maybe this will make things easier:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,70223.0.html

No longer active
lthrmn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 12:29:30 pm »

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to reply with possible solutions.  Unfortunately, I already tried most of the suggestions... double-checking my spelling, typing in the cheat while in the neighborhood, holding down shift.  The only thing I hadn't tried was the capital letters as suggested.  I just went into the game and tried that... nothing!  Could I possibly have to do something in the files? 
simsplyr
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 02:58:00 pm »

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to reply with possible solutions.  Unfortunately, I already tried most of the suggestions... double-checking my spelling, typing in the cheat while in the neighborhood, holding down shift.  The only thing I hadn't tried was the capital letters as suggested.  I just went into the game and tried that... nothing!  Could I possibly have to do something in the files? 

Hi thrmn,

I believe the "correct" capitalization is "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true".  Change "true" to "false" to turn it back off.

I haven't had any problems with using any forms of capitalization, but I understand that earlier EPs, like you have, are more sensitive to it.

Try this spelling and see if that helps.

Thanks, simsplyr
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 03:09:53 pm »

simply type ''boot' with my file installed, cant get more simple then that....

No longer active
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 03:25:41 pm »

Bloom, unfortunately, some EPs require capitalization.  Put the cheat in without the correct capitalization and the cheat fails.  Score another one for EA's inconsistencies.  Once the OP finds the correct way to enter the cheat, creating an alias for it in the userStartup.cheat is a good idea though.
lthrmn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 05:04:15 pm »

Ancienthighway... thank you so much!  I tried capitalizing it the way you suggested and it worked!  I'm not sure what all the different buttons do... afraid to even try some of them... but I am having fun experimenting.  Thanks again!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 06:22:19 pm »

It was actually theraven that first suggested capitalization, and simsplyr and gave another option.  All I did was point out that based on the things you said you did, the way the cheat was entered was the only thing that could be going wrong. 

Glad you got it fixed!  Now stick it in your userStartup.cheat.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: