Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 02:25:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: OFB Hack?  (Read 2536 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2010, 03:01:46 pm »

Hello all does anyone know where the hack is that forces sims to buy a makeover, and actually sit in the chair? I know I seen it somewhere, because I had it in my downloads folder before it crashed last June. I am trying to run a salon, but my customers will not willingly buy a makeover. They will although accept a FREE makeover, but how am I supposed to make a profit off of a free makeover? Undecided I know I needed this hack I am missing because the game code seems to be broken with the chair. Sims will look at the chair, and their buy bar will go all the way to the top, and then after the destinctive 'ding' they will just walk away! Grr.. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Grin
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:18:06 pm »

I'm not aware of any mod like you're asking.

I've had no problem with sims buying makeovers.  Naturally the business must be open, but the chair must have an assigned stylist also.  I've successfully run 3 chairs with one stylist, but 2 is easier, and 1 easiest of all.  Each chair can have 2, maybe 3 sims "browsing" deciding to buy a makeover.  If no one is browsing at a chair, click on it, assign stylist and leave your sim there long enough to get a couple sims browsing.  Then start to do your sales pitches to speed up the buy decision.  Be careful because if one decides to buy and then you do a sales pitch, the process starts all over.  If you offer a makeover to a sim, make sure you have a stylist assigned to the chair so the buy decision process starts, that is, offer a makeover, then assign a stylist.  Going down a row of 2 or 3 chairs works the same, but then you have to keep an eye on what chair has someone that decided to buy and is waiting their turn.

There is a employee massage controller at www.simwardrove.com that works nicely with a salon.  The employee assigned to give massages will approach customers and offer.  If the sim was in the process of deciding on a makeover, that process is put on hold until after the massage, then resumes without loss on the meter.

As the business grows, if you have more customers than you have things for them to browse, they are more likely to disrupt sales by social interactions and be engaged in interactions when browsing slots are available.  A level 2 business with a max of 4 customers and only one chair means 2 customers are just hanging out and are potential problems for business.  2 chairs will keep them engaged with your business.  Don't be afraid to tell customers that have had makeovers or that express no interest in one goodbye.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:39:00 pm »

Thank you for your help ancienthighway. I am 100% positive I had a hack like I'm asking, but it was named something like that OFB/Pets Makeover Chair Fix? I don't believe it was by Squinge, and it could have possibly been from Simlogical or whose that other modder at Sims Workshop? She did the buyable towel and knife? Carron or?.. I'll do some more searching for it. I just thought I would ask here first, because I know it exists, just don't know where I found it. I also did get a sim to buy a makeover but it took literally hours. I had to 'offer makeover to' said sim like 6-7 times. Maybe I will find it, I know this praticular hack sped up the decision of the customer or something because when I had it, sims being offered make-overs would decide and sit down after the first bribe. Grin I also noticed that sims would not buy a makeover unless it was 'redicilously cheap' tongue Hmp..That really helped. lol thanks anyway for your help ancient.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:44:19 pm by SimGirl20 » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 11:28:20 pm »

I just took a quick browse through Carrigon's mods at Sims 2 Workshop, and through Pescado's mods, both those listed and those in several of the DCs and found nothing about a mod to fix what is supposedly broken, which includes what you are experiencing. 

I say supposedly broken because the problems mentioned on MATY have never occurred for me.  I've run several home salons and community lot salons that have grown to Rank 10.  The problems reported on MATY appear to be mostly shortly after OFB and Pets were released and I didn't start playing around with the makeover chair until Seasons or Bon Voyage.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 11:38:08 pm »

Yeah, I don't think Carrigon did the hack now that I am looking at her hacks. I really can't remember where that hack came from. Undecided I didn't think about MATY, but since you said it wasn't there. I guess I got it somewhere else. Hmm this is a tricky lil booger to track down eh?

Hey I found it! YAY It was indeed on MATY. I googled the exact name of the hack, and it popped right up. heres the link.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=6195.0

Thanks for your help ancienthighway.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:48:49 pm by SimGirl20 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: