Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 10:36:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrono Ticket Machine  (Read 4063 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:21:40 am »

Okay, so I've been avoiding this object since I first got OFB a couple years back. It's the frickin' Electrono Ticket Machine.

I would like this object at some of my businesses, because I have a few clubs in my community. It sounded, at least, like the perfect object to keep the cash comin' in merely by having Sims on the lot. However, it has been more of an annoying object, rather than helpful. Every time I put that thing on my lot, tons of people gather all right ~ around the object! Is there a way that I can place it and not have everyone come up to it and just gawk it for hours at a time? I just didn't think that when the Sims gather, they would put the object itself in the spotlight.

Any tips?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 11:59:37 pm »

They gather at the object because they are buying a ticket. They are not admiring it. If they don't buy a ticket, you get no money from them being on the lot. Just give them time to make the purchase and they'll walk away from it.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 10:19:41 am »

It does seem to take forever for them to do that, then. But I will take your advice and try to be patient, lol. But you know the Simmies ~ takes them forever to do anything!

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 06:41:57 pm »

Yeah, they do seem to take their time. Just watch the little buy plumbbob above their heads. Like with any purchase, it slowly fills up until it explodes into sparkles. If one of the controllables on the lot has a sales badge or you want them to work towards one, just have them approach the customers and use the Sales interaction. It sometimes backfires at low levels, but if successful it makes the bar fill faster. It's also a good idea to just leave the ticket machine there and turn it on as soon as your controllable gets there. That way, visitors buy tickets as they arrive so there isn't a huge rush to the ticket machine if you place it while the place is already filled with sims.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 06:33:12 pm »

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a go.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: