Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 03:01:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: My game is crashing whenever..  (Read 16330 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 04:15:52 pm »

Put in some cc, go into your game and go into buy mode to generate the thumbnails and click on each item. Exit your game, put more in and repeat the process until you have everyhting loaded. In process, you mind find the exact object that's causing your game to crash. That's what theraven means.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 04:40:34 pm »

if its an object causing the crash howcome I am able to load each file into the game alone and it works fine, but altogether it causes crashes...? ;_;
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 04:58:59 pm »

Objects can interfere with each other - like a duplicate GUID, borky texture files, duplicate meshes, duplicate file names, or whatever else might be wrong.

Try the thumbnail thing first. If everything loads perfectly while you're testing, you can see if you get troubles when loading all the CC. Notice where things go wrong if the game does crash.
Most likely it's either an object problem (same place every time), memory trouble (random places), or maybe even a corrupted object file in the game files or something like that.

I had the random crashing in buy/build mode first, after moving the CC I had used for my laptop to my new computer. Then I started having serious graphic troubles - things ingame just started flashing purple on random, getting worse and worse. That was both CC and maxis objects, mind. Anything but floors and walls. After I did the 3GB enabling it got much better, but still crashing when overworked. After I started using the memory manager, none of it has happened. Not long ago I even had the game running for almost a week in stretch, going in and out of it while doing other stuff too. Didn't have a single problem with crashing or things like that.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010, 05:21:31 pm »

I mean like...if I put one folder in at a time, it works okay...but as soon as they are all together it doesn't work. So yes it is most likely conflicting files. I have also tested two folders at a time, to see and it works fine...so I don't know...I have no way of telling what files are confliting if they all work fine alone, but only crash while together, and work fine in pairs aswell..you know what I mean?? I don't know if I am explaining clearly sorry >.< lol ..I will test out everything later though, my game loads too slowly right now for me to do that >_< lol

something I notice also is when it crashes the game doesn't generate a groups.cache, if that means anything Tongue

I'm gonna try the thumbnail thing now ^^

----

Neither method worked. I deleted the thumbnails, added one folder at a time, checked out all the CC, deleted a few 'borked' ones (meaning those that were blue like I forgot a mesh, was only three). Still crashed.

I took out all the folder, paired them each in twos and made sure I had each folder paired with the others once. Still crashed.

I already knew it wasn't conflicting files if that makes a difference, I mean I have had these same exact files for two years now. And they've been tested and scanned since before the crashing started..

Sad I don't know what to do now..all the borked files are gone now, and there are no duplicates. I guess the only positive is it took about half a second longer to crash on me this time Cheesy yayyyy...

----------

No more suggestions..?? ;__;

Oh well....thanks for atleast trying to help me out guys Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:37:32 pm by Ancabee » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2010, 01:22:09 pm »

Finding Problem Custom Content

Do everything, but the 50% method is the best way to find conflicting files.

Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 07:10:56 pm »

I just did that 3GB enabler thing, followed all the instructions, had no issue with it. And it still crashed, I tried both "3072” and “2900" and it crashed both times. So I guess it's not a memory issue.  Lips Sealed Undecided

And there is no conflicting files, this is how I paired my files up to test each pairing to see if there was conflict. Every file was paired with another atleast once. There was no crashing when done like this. Only crashing when ALL the object files are together.  Cry Cry

Bathrooms - Bedrooms*
Bathrooms - Building*
Bathrooms - Ect.*
Bathrooms - Garden*
Bathrooms - Kitchen*
Bathrooms - Living*
Bathrooms - Walls*

==============
Bedrooms - Building*
Bedrooms - Ect.*
Bedrooms - Garden*
Bedrooms - Kitchen*
Bedrooms - Living*
Bedrooms - Walls*

==============
Building - Ect.*
Building - Garden*
Building - Kitchen*
Building - Living*
Building - Walls*

==============
Ect. - Garden*
Ect. - Kitchen*
Ect. Living*
Ect. - Walls*

==============
Garden - Kitchen*
Garden - Living*
Garden - Walls*

==============
Kitchen - Living*
Kitchen - Walls*

==============
Living - Walls*

Anyways thanks alot for helping me out guys! But there isn't anything else I can do I guess. There is no issue with the files, or it would have came up when I was testing every single file with the other files, theres no duplicates, and I have plenty of space on my PC. I don't even have my hacks or default replacements in. And it still crashes. So I give up ;_; I guess I just have a screwed up game or something. =_=
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 07:15:38 pm »

Did you follow the 50% method outlined in the help page I linked to? That method is the one that meets with the most success.

Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 07:23:33 pm »

I've done 50/50 before actually I had made a thread on BPS and someone suggested that to me, both halves worked fine alone, but again; crashed when put together again. That is when I tried breaking the files down into pairs and paired up each to test them that way, which is less than 50% and they worked fine in their pairs, but crashed when all together..

Also I found my graphic card info..

And I guess this is why that 3GB enabler didn't work for me. I don't have 2, 3, or 4GB of ram, I have six. And used the second step for "4GB"...but there is no 6GB option there =( GRRRRRR................. Sad Undecided Cry

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:30:32 pm by Ancabee » Logged
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 08:27:41 pm »

My advice? Take out ALL custom contents and hacks and play vanilla because obviously a higher being has decided that you aren't one of those that are allowed to have the perks for the game.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2010, 09:22:11 pm »

:-(........................It certainly seems that way....lol
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 02:34:30 am »

the 3GB enabler should work even if you have 6GB. Sure you did it right?

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 04:37:44 am »

I am sure >.< it said after each SP or EP that the large..whatever (o.0) was enabled ...then I did the second step, it crashed, so I tried the next number and it still crashed. =(

I just uninstalled completely, and re-installed, and put my object folder back in...and it still crashes ;_;
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 05:41:08 am »

Probably a stupid question, but you did of course replace the original files with the edited ones, right? (remember the backup!)
And you also did what the readme file said while you edited the files?

So it crashes when you open buy/build mode, or just a certain cathegory?

Since you have everything sorted into folders like this, you could try to put in a little at a time, a new folder each time you start up the game. Then notice when the crashing begins. Most likely the last folder you put in has something to do with the crashing.

My site:

Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 06:47:26 am »

Yepp I made sure to replace with the edited ones.  Grin I was being super anal about it since I was so certain it would work ;_; lol

It crashes only when I click on a sub-category in the Buy or Build mode...actually only the sub-categories with CC in them (except when in neighborhood mode) - because obviously I don't have custom walls or decks, so those work fine...But every other sub-category in the buy/build mode with CC causes crashes.

Thats why its kinda confusing since my custom neighborhood objects can be accessed just fine :S

It doesn't matter which folder is last, it will crash with any folder being last really Sad it's just them all together regardless of what goes in first or last...I really think it's a space issue because of that..but I have no way to fix that except to delete everything =(

I think I'm gonna try to seperate by creator name if I can, and then maybe I can just put sets in one at a time and check every thing to be sure....that's gonna take sooo long though ;_;
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 06:54:35 am »

Maybe a stupid question but you do have CEP installed?

No longer active
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: