Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 01:02:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: My game is crashing whenever..  (Read 16334 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2010, 07:04:27 am »

yepp ^^

edit/

I should add also that I have two of the 'newer' EP packs, you know "university life" and "fun with pets" they both have two stuff packs installed.
When I say my game worked perfectly fine with all the crap I had on it before; I didn't have those two EP packs, but I did have the stuff packs and EP seperate ...but my cousin lost them, and I ended up having to replace them with these newer combo packs.

Do you think maybe EA added something to the game..? because there is something called a download manager, and sims 2 store edition, although I don't install either..

I have been wondering if this is the difference, because theres no reason at all that my game should be acting so differently now unless these two newer combo packs have something different added to them. =O
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:22:05 am by Ancabee » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2010, 07:30:31 am »

Hacks and mods need updating for new EPs. That sometimes includes objects - especially the objects pets can interact with (read: scratch to pieces). Don't know if it should in any way cause the game to crash, though. Usually it's just jump bugs when the pets try to use the objects, or they simply can't use them. 

EA are known for their stupidity and greedyness, so I wouldn't be too sure they didn't add in something. They do love their SecuROM, for instance, and the download managers has caused plenty of troubles...
But I've never had any of the combo packs, so don't know exactly how that works. I bought the separate EPs and SPs...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2010, 03:11:22 pm »

eh Im not gonna worry about it anymore >.< I just wont play anymore  Undecided

thanks for trying to help me out though.  Grin I appreciate it!  Cheesy
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2010, 03:25:29 pm »

You could go through your downloads, put in those you're certain of, and re-download other things.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2010, 04:09:23 pm »

too late XD lol I deleted all my DL's and uninstalled ;__;

oh wells..=( atleast I'll be able to focus on school work until I can find a fix haha ^^
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2010, 04:21:32 pm »

I'm going to go ahead and lock this. Ancabee, don't take this the wrong way, but I've noticed you have posted this exact problem on at least on other forum and had members jumping through the same hoops beating their heads against their desks trying to help you, only to have you constantly misinterpret what they're suggesting, or not following the instructions properly. You would do yourself a huge favor by learning a bit more about how your computer works and what all this stuff we're talking about means before trying to adjust or fix anything there and, when people suggest you take certain steps to try fixing a problem, actually do all those steps. Otherwise you could be completely missing a fix that might actually work.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: