Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 01:06:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: please help me! :(  (Read 6805 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
juliep

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2010, 09:10:48 pm »

I'm new at trying to mesh and when I found a tutorial about how to do it, it said that there was a plugin called WesH's Unimesh plugin.  It's at modthesims, but every time I've tried to get to the site lately, I get a message that internet explorer and firefox both can't show the site.  I need to know if anyone out there can give me a solution about how I can get modthesims to show up again.  Or if not, maybe someone could show me an alternate site to download the plugin from.  Someone please do what you can to try and help me, I'm really excited about trying my hand at meshing for the first time.  Thanks Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 09:34:23 pm »

This? It loads fine for me (using Firefox), so it's not a problem with the page. Try cleaning your cookies/temp files etc and try again.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
juliep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 09:51:24 pm »

I just tried clearing out the cookies and temp files for both internet explorer and firefox, still getting the same results as before.  Firefox says the server can't be found, and internet explorer is still saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".  Anyone have any other suggestions about what I could do?  Or any other link or anything that could get me that plugin? Please help me.  But thanks caffinated.joy for trying, I really appreciated it.

Edit:  I have also tried downloading google chrome and tried to view the site on there, it won't show up on the new browser either.  Is it somehow possible that it's my internet connection that's not letting me view the site?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:27:18 pm by juliep » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 12:23:01 am »

Might be your internet connection. I'm using Internet Explorer, and I saw it just fine. Got there with no problem.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
juliep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 12:30:09 am »

If it really is my connection that's the problem, what could I do to fix the problem?

Edit: I've officially tried to view the site from every computer and browser in my house, even the browser on my Wii, and nothing is working? What the heck is going on? What could I do?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 12:45:16 am by juliep » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 12:45:10 am »

What OS are you using and how are you connecting to the internet?

juliep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 12:47:56 am »

I'm using windows xp on the computer I play and keep the sims on, and on our other computer we have windows vista.  Our connectoin is dsl.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 12:53:58 am »

I downloaded it and uploaded it to Box.net

See if you can download it.

Link removed.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 01:06:55 am by EKozski » Logged

The Sims 3.........NO!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 12:56:04 am »

In the meantime, try rebooting your computer. That can sometimes fix small annoyances. If that doesn't work, try power cycling your router.

juliep

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 01:02:43 am »

Well, the important part of the issue as far as I'm concerned was solved, the link EKozski provided for me allowed me to finally download the plugin.  Thank you so much EKozski.  But caffinated.joy, what do you mean by power cycling my router?  How would I do that?  I'd definately like to be able to see modthesims again.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 01:06:20 am »

You're welcome!

The Sims 3.........NO!
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 01:07:41 am »

It's your dll files. I had the same problem myself. Download Microsoft Security Essentials at the Microsoft homesite. It fixes your dll files. Trust me, I had the same exact problem. It actually comes from un-installing your sims 2 game wrong. Even if your computer says it's un-installed correctly, it usually doesn't. It's one of the biggest problems with XP and Vista.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 01:12:08 am »

But caffinated.joy, what do you mean by power cycling my router?  How would I do that?  I'd definately like to be able to see modthesims again.

Unplug your router for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. You should also shut down your computer first.

juliep

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 07:23:53 pm »

Fatedicewolf, for Microsoft Security Essentials, do I have to let it do a full scan on my computer for it to fix the dll files?  I downloaded the program but haven't done a full scan yet, and I still can't see mod the sims.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 10:45:43 pm »

I would let it do a full scan. It could also be sypware/adware/malware, so you could try running a spyware and virus scan. If you're connecting via wireless, try connecting directly. This isn't a meshing problem, or a problem with your game, rather it's a technical problem you're having, so I'm moving this to the General Discussion section. In the future, please keep all questions posted to the Meshing and Recolouring Help section directly related to meshing and recolouring, not site problems or your general computer problems.

Also, Ed, I should have mentioned it yesterday and I realize you were trying to help, but we don't actually redistribute other creator's files/programs without their permission. Just as an FYI. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:34:21 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: