Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 03:14:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Restrict a Sim to its lot?  (Read 1662 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
IronBeard

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2010, 11:19:54 pm »

I wonder, does anyone know of a way to prevent a Sim from appearing on lots other than the one they reside in?

Having recently discovered Bloom's Monk outfits, I'm keen to build a monastery of isolationist chocolatiers. I've also built a gaol with some custom bar fencing and gates I downloaded (there are some truly 'orrible Sims in my hood!), but of course inmates can be found wandering into other lots willy-nilly.
The only way I've found to control this is to use a visitor controller to ban Sims from lots when they appear on them, but it's not ideal to ban them from lots that they might otherwise visit after their release from incarceration!

I know, daft isn't it! Still, thanks in advance for any cool suggestions!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 03:29:50 am »

Since you already have the visitor controller, you might be interested in the electronic prisoner tag found here: http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Prison.htm

Simply put it into the monk's inventory then set VC to ban everyone with the tag. Once the prisoner/monk is ready for release, just take out the tag and they're free to visit other lots.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 08:55:15 am »

Oh wow! This is great, Engram... a total DIY prison package. Finding gems like this is a bit like Christmas. Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate you steering me towards it.
 YAY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: