Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 09:09:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Crashes  (Read 2411 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nefertiti781

View Profile WWW
« on: November 17, 2010, 09:33:21 pm »

Hi All
can playing a large lot cause your game to crash ? i built a mansion and it is massive i filled it full of cc and after so long my game would crash while i was playing this mansion, so took out all the cc and replaced it with content from the game the only cc that remained on the lot where these plants
http://www.ts2creations.com/artistchrissybuild_plants.htm the ones on the lot are the no care flowers. after replacing the content i decided to give it another go,my sims where just getting married when it crashed again. so im was just wondering can the size of the lot cause it to crash ?
thanx for any help guys as this is becoming annoying lol and i love this mansion i have built it is my best yet i wanted to upload it but i dont want to just yet until i can fix this problem as i dont want it crashing on other simmers.

neff xx

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 05:40:05 am »

Depending on the grunt of your computer, yes, a large lot full of objects can cause the game to crash. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a very poor computer for an overcrowded large lot with lots of sims and objects present to cause a crash. Also, the length of time you have been playing without saving might cause the game to crash. TS2 bleeds RAM and if you run the game for a long time it will just cack it's pants after a while. So the cause could be many things, the size of the lot being just one of the contributing factors to what can cause a crash on any lot - large or small.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 06:00:13 am »

Yeah, I can collaborate Engram's testimony. I have a fairly new computer with tons of RAM and playing a large lot with mucho CC does crash my game if I play too long without saving. Good Luck with that problem. Hope Engram helped you.

(Engram, I thought you were on Dork Duty?) *hears spam police siren and scrams*

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 06:28:31 am »

There also seems to be an issue with CC that has a high polycount value in it. It causes the lot to lag to have a lot of CC in it that runs with high polycounts-that includes sims with hairs that have high poly counts, as well. Cars are definitely on that list.
As the saying goes-"too much of a good thing is sometimes bad". CC included.

nefertiti781

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 08:23:17 am »

Hi Guys

thank you so much for the help it has helped too i dont save regularly so let this be a lesson to me lol i need to save, i was also putting it down to some mods and hacks i had but i removed them  and it still crashed but it was definatly down to the size of lot i was playing i know that for sure now. i uess i will just have to go build me a smaller lot to play lol. ah well . thanx for all the help you are all very helpful  and nice simmers here.

neff xx

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 03:38:39 pm »

Sometimes you can get the effect of a large lot by putting 2 or 4 small lots adjoining.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: