Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 03:17:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somone help please  (Read 7608 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 03:13:20 pm »

Can you also please answer the clarifying questions posted above? I can't speak for anyone else, but I find it frustrating to try and help someone, only to have the questions I need answered go ignored.

Engram asked what your processor speed was and I asked you how much space you had left on your hard drive. Did you try pulling your entire Downloads folder out? Did you try updating your drivers?

Inormaly aswell go to the desktop when im in sims to watch Holy Soaps online.Also when somtimes i go back in to sims from desktop.My screenalso turns in to an old version of windows 2002.It like a patten of green with white in between.Then i have to restart my pc,Cause i cant do anything.Not only that my windows pages keep going black on the tool bars

That could be part of the problem there. When you leave the game running for long periods of time it eats up system resources. The Sims game is greedy that way and it's not a very good multitasking game. Thing of it as an attention starved child who throws a fit if you try to pay attention to someone else when she's in the room. Even if it's a PITA to wait for your game to load, it's far better to save and close if your not going play for a while

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
CHEZPMRRICKS

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 09:33:48 pm »

Sorry about that.
Processor speed is 3.00GHz
Hard drive i got 51.8GB used space
Hard drive i got 138GB free space
My Graphics is 256MB
I dont know how to up date my Graphics card.Its scares my to update incase i use the wrong one.I dont like messing with that bit.I pulled my downloads folder out of the sims 2.But it wouldnt let me go in to sims.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 10:05:01 pm »

Finding information of how to properly update your drivers can be found by a simple google search. If you still don't feel comfortable, then my suggestion would be to call a friend who is computer savvy and ask for help. Have them walk you through it while they are doing it so you can know for any future updates you might have.

Whether or not your out dated drivers is a source of the problem, this is good information to have because out dated drivers can cause problems to appear with many programs.

One more thing to try. Go into your Documents/EA Games and rename your Sims 2 folder to something like Sims 2 Backup, then start your game. Your game won't be able to find your Sims 2 folder, so it will regenerate a new one. It will take a bit more time for your game to start while it does so, but, if it does and you have no problem, then something in your user files was corrupted.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 11:33:13 pm »

From the looks of it, your computer isn't powerful enough for you to flip between the game and the desktop and leave the game running while you do other, resource intensive, things.

It could be something in your user files (I had that blue endlessly loading screen happen when I used a download that allowed you to fish in the ocean, "invisible pond" or something like that, and also when using a lighting hack, which basically made it impossible for me to play and kept overheating my graphics card) but just by looking at your specs your PC just does not have the grunt for you to treat it like you have been. I had a very similar set-up, as already described, with a more powerful graphics card and I had to watch what I threw at the game, how high poly it was, had to save regularly, could not just keep flipping between desktop and game, etc. I had my settings on high which meant that I had to sacrifice having high poly items and hair in my Downloads and I had to shut down the game if I wanted to do other stuff.

TS2 bleeds memory while it's running. If you have the patience, you can read through endless discussions on MATY where people have posted screen caps of how many resources TS2 was using over time while running. From what Bloom said your PC is only 2 or 3 years old. But from the looks of it the system was not "future proofed" when you bought it. As Joy suggested, check whether the blue loading screen problem is caused by a piece of custom content. I have given you names of a couple of pieces of CC that made my old similar system cack itself. You may or may not have these. In the future, if you want to run your game on high settings, you might want to save on a regular basis (I save at every 6 o'clock, ie. 6am and 6pm) and stop running your game minimised in the background while you do other things that also eat resources. And stick to low poly "maxis match" content when downloading CC so you don't overtax your graphics card.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
CHEZPMRRICKS

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 01:43:36 pm »

I,ll get my exhusband to look at it.Or i,ll just buy a new one.I need a new tower any ways.Thanks every one
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: