Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 04:13:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Game problems.  (Read 8835 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 08:21:23 am »

The Compressorizer was made by Jfade at DJS Sims-but the site is down..here is a link to the actual download from a page on the board for it: (the page works, too!)

http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=170

Requires: Microsoft Windows and the .NET Framework Version 1.1

It will compress the size of all the unzipped downloads in your game if the creators have not also done so. A lot of creators do use it now before they submit their files, thank goodness.

It will take a huge file and shrink it down: for example-I had a file that was 1300kb and shrank it down to 450kb.
It also helps in the loading of the game to have smaller file sizes.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 08:29:15 am by MaryH » Logged

blaquerayne

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 03:38:56 am »

Hi there, Sorry I couldn't get back to you but I couldn't get back to work on the game until today.

I removed all my recolors from the saved Sims file and the game is working okay right now,(i'm still removing some items I don't need.) but Bodyshop still isn't working.  I wasn't sure which would be considered the latest version so I tried both and neither worked.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 04:42:27 pm »

Have you tried going into the games shortcut properties and changing their compatibilities? 

I'll explain this in a moment, after launching your bodyshop go into your task manager, does it show it running on the list?  If you see it let it run, after 5minutes, let it run some more, if the bodyshop load in screen hasnt popped up by then, go ahead and end the process.  The initial launch of Bodyshop with our without custom content can be mind numbingly slow. 

Ok about the compatibility I'm not sure what operating system your running but mine is win7, which can be fickle about running certain programs if their not 'checked' as run as administrator.  You can do this by right clicking your game shortcut, go into properties, look for the compatibility tab ontop, the run as administrator box is at the bottom.  Check the box and apply and your all set.  There is also a run with service packs 2 or3 option above that on the same tab, I use the 3 for mine but I have all ep's installed. 

Worse comes to worse can't you open your disk and look for the bodyshop on it? maybe it needs reinstalled? I hate guessing answers lol but I do love a good mystery.  Grin

blaquerayne

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 10:06:33 pm »

Thanks for all the help so far.

My game is okay, it's been working fine with no crashes for the last few days, but I still can't get bodyshop to work. I think the problem was one of my recolors cause once I removed them, the game start working fine, but Bodyshop won't come up.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 10:28:24 pm »

Go into Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 and try deleting Groups.cache, cigen.package, content registry and accessory.cache.

If some of the files I mentioned above aren't present, don't worry about it. Just delete the ones there. Those files can get corrupted and prevent your Bodyshop, your game, or both from loading. Clean copies will be regenerated, so they can be deleted safely.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
blaquerayne

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 03:48:22 am »

I deleted those files, it still didn't come up.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 10:15:47 am »

Which Bodyshop are you trying to open? Make sure you're opening the one for the most recent EP

blaquerayne

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 10:12:52 pm »

I actually tried every Bodyshop I had, none worked. I'm not sure which Bodyshop I used to create the recolors I had. I did them after I got Seasons but I may have used a Bodyshop from a previous game.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 10:27:59 pm »

After you've deleted your cache files it may take some time for BS to load because it's regenerating the deleted files. I delete mine from time to time as a force of habit (because they easily become corrupted), and when I open my BS I'll get up and make myself some tea or something while waiting for it to load.

blaquerayne

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 04:34:58 am »

I clicked it and waited for to load up for an hour and it didn't pop up.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 09:13:07 am »

Try this:
1. Take out your CC (move the files to desktop or somewhere else than the "The Sims 2" folder).
2. delete the cache files (all four)
3. open the latest version of Bodyshop (If you have M&G, remember it is considered as EP9, after Apartment Life. I think the loading screen shows you the latest EP or SP, so use the belonging Bodyshop)
4. Wait for it to load.
5. If it uses more than ten minutes, press ctrl + alt + delete (together), to get up the task manager.
6. In Task manager, go to "processes" and look under "Image names" for "TS2BodyShop.exe"

7a. If it's there, it is still loading. You'll see under the "memory" tab that the number is going up. Usually it reaches somewhere between 100 000 and 400 000 K before it starts (mine right now started at about 100 000 K, with about 6 GB CC, but I think it depends on your computer).

7b. If it's not there, then see if you're opening the right version, or see if there is something else you've forgotten to do.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
blaquerayne

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 11:11:55 pm »

I followed the instructions and went with the lasted game I got which is seasons and it didn't work.  Then I went with Fun With Pets and that one didn't worked. So I tried going down the line starting with Best Of Business and that one worked.  I continue to try all of my Bodyshops and the one in Double Deluxe also worked.

I noticed that the folders that the Bodyshop is located is called EP1, EP2, Etc. Does that mean anything?  The ones where the Bodyshop worked are called EP2 and EP3.

EDIT: When I put my downloads folder back into the Sims 2 file, neither Bodyshop showed up.  I'm trying the 50/50 to see if I can find the problem.

EDIT: Five minutes after I typed that last part, it popped up, I guess it takes longer cause of the CC.  It's still loading so I won't know what's going on until it's finish.  I'm using the Double Deluxe Bodyshop.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:34:16 pm by blaquerayne » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: