Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 06:47:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Glitched grave or lot ? really need help.  (Read 1752 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nefertiti781

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2011, 02:29:22 pm »

Hi All
i have decided to play the pre made's. i have never ever really bothered with them before but i decided as a change i would play them all. i first played the pleasant's i let mary and daniel have another baby before they age and so they have a child to carry on their name, as iam going to let angela and lilith mary their sweethearts. anyway i then moved onto the dreamer family but first i moved darleen dreamer's grave to a cemetery that i downloaded. i checked the lot first before moving the grave to see if i needed to move or add anything but it looked fine and there was cc on the lot. anyway her grave was moved and all is fine, then i go to the caliente house to move the grave of michael bachelor. just after i chose the graveyard to have it moved to there the game crashed. so i thought nothing of it and booted up my game again and tried again. and it crashed right after trying to move the stone to the cemetery. is this grave glitched or something ? as i had no trouble moving darleen dreamer. i used the clean installer to install the cemetery and there was deffinatly nothing in this lot no cc at all. any sugestions ?

neff x

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:57:25 pm »

Someone more knowledgeable than me will probably come along and shoot down this theory in flames but it's possible that the grave move glitched because Michael is one of the glitched characters in Pleasantview. The hood comes with 2 versions of him, one which is a stump file and another which is a full character files. Unfortunately the stump file Michael got linked to the urn and not the full character file one, possibly causing havoc when you move the grave. For those using cleaned up neighborhood templates this is not a problem because that template has been fixed and the proper character file is linked to the urn. But if you're using the original Maxis Pleasantview template, the "wrong" Michael is linked to the urn.

The other character that suffers from that glitch in Pleasantview is Skip Broke. The stump file Skip is linked to the Broke family, which is why Brandi's third child will always be a male clone of her. The game has no genetic information to draw on so it generates an opposite gender clone. Again, this is fixed in the cleaned up Pleasantview template, making the full character file Skip the genetic father of the unborn third child and making it possible for Brandi to have a girl.

But this is just my theory as to why Michael's grave glitched your lot. I know that he is glitched while Darleen is not so that was the first possibility that came to mind. I know you've been playing this hood a little bit. Maybe make a backup of it, get the cleaned up Pleasantview template (cleaned up NOT empty), make a new Pleasantview and start out by moving Michael's grave. If it borks, you just delete the hood and put back your backup, no harm done and no gameplay lost. But if it works and doesn't bork at least you know the cause. I know it's hard to start again but if this works then you'd probably be better off playing with the unglitched hood than continuing with a glitched one. You can get the cleaned up templates here. The cleaned up Pleasantview is a fair way down in the first post so make sure you grab that and not the empty one, which is at the top. There are instructions on how to install them, too. Or you could just plonk N001 into your Neighborhoods folder. Make sure you first do a backup of the hood you've been playing.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 01:18:34 am »

I'm certainly not more knowledgeable than Engram , whose posts are always helpful, kind and appreciated, however I just recently started a new game and was able to move the graves/urns that you mentioned and also the Goth's graves with no trouble. My cemetery was just a plopped vacant Maxis lot at the time of transfer , I added cc later. I play on M and G and have all EP's , although I doubt if that has any bearing on it.  Sorry to hear of your troubles, nefertiti781, hope you find a solution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: