Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 12:46:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Packaged Lots with Sims.  (Read 4759 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Muirgen

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2011, 08:30:31 pm »

I need help. My brother packaged some houses with existing Sims in them so I could put them on mine and my sister's computer but it will not let me install the lots when we have all expansion packs. It keeps saying "This content requires Expansion Pack data that is not installed". for each and every one that was packaged. Anybody know why?
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 09:08:25 pm »

Sorry that I can't help with your question, but I have a question for you. Did the sims your brother packaged have existing relationships/ memories of other ( non packaged) sims? If so  , you need to either do some work in SimPe to change that , or just avoid installing them completely. Sims that have been moved to a different neighborhood(including, for example, two versions of Pleasantview) ard have memories/relationships that are no longer able to be referenced are one of the surest ways to mess up your game. See this post  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,19966.0.html and many others for examples of that. Good luck!
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 09:19:38 pm »

You need to download clean installer. It is the only way around this. http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/
Also, like Mookie said, you need to make sure the sims are clean before you move them into a new neighborhood.

Muirgen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 09:54:15 pm »

Well I downloaded the Sims2Pack Cleaner thing but I'm having trouble downloading the other thing needed to run the program.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 12:37:46 am »

Depending on your operating system, you may already have a newer version of the .Net framework installed. Try running Clean Installer without downloading .Net framework and see if it works (it might, if you have Windows 7 for example). Newset version of .Net framework.

As others have already said, installing sims packaged with houses that have been played before and who have formed relationships with other sims in the original game hood they came from is a really bad idea. I would recommend against this. OR you can plop them into a throw-away hood, get them to move out, put the house in the lots bin, extract the sims and place cloned copied into the now-empty house in a hood you want to play for a good long time.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Muirgen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 11:14:05 am »

Well I downloaded the .Net framework thing but when I try to install it it says "This product not supported on a 64-bit operating system."
I might just have to go back into Sims while my brother is at work and move them out and package them that way.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 07:26:29 pm »

Did you do as Engram suggested and install Clean Installer without installing the .Net framework? My new comp has Windows 7 and I was able to install Clean Installer just fine.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Muirgen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 08:58:22 pm »

yeah I installed the Cleaner thing before downloading the .Net framwork. but i dont even how to use the Cleaner. Can somebody tell me?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 09:02:55 pm »

You can always go to the site you downloaded it from and read the Quick Start Guide or the Manual. Reading the instructions is always a good starting point. Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Muirgen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 06:12:00 pm »

Well got the Cleaner to work but the packaged lots with my sims didn't show up in the list. do they have to be a specific folder?
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 12:44:04 am »

When you installed Clean Installer what should have happened was that the thumbnail for the Sims2Pack should have changed to look like this:

instead of the blue-man-in-a-box icon of the Maxis installer.

The words on the image would not be there (unless you're looking at the actual program exe, which is what that picture is) but the name of the Sims2Pack would be. You then double click the Sims2Pack and a pop-up that looks like this:

should come up. You would then click the Install button. You can select to install everything or you can untick those parts that you don't want (eg. stuff you already have in your game that you do not want duplicates of).

CI can either install stuff for you, as in the example above) or scan your Downloads folder or another location for .package files. Since you have not yet installed the house it would of course not show up when CI scanned your Downloads folder. Houses don't show up on a scan, anyway. Only sims, meshes, recolours, Bodyshop items, etc, show up.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Muirgen

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 04:54:51 pm »

Oh thanks. Well it worked but it only worked on one packaged lot. I'll try again later or just try by moving the sims out of their houses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: