Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 08:00:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AnyLTWforAllAspiration Glitch?  (Read 1795 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
radgrl

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2011, 10:30:50 pm »

I'm wondering if I am the only one who has experienced this with the AnyLTWForAllAspirations mod...

I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs, including Apartment Life and Mansion & Garden. I used the empty templates on MATY to create a new neighborhood and I noticed my sim Children and Toddlers were getting Lifetime Wants. I made families in another (not empty) neighborhood too, and the problem occurred in that neighborhood as well. I've read in a few places that this is a bad sign of a corrupt neighborhood that will eventually be too glitched to play. I removed the AnyLTWforAllAspirations mod (up to date for AL) and I made new Children/Toddlers. They didn't end up having a LTW.

Also, I ran the Hack Detection Utility program and it didn't detect anything. I hardly have any custom content anyway because I just reinstalled everything. I really want to use the mod, but can I still use it if it causes Children/Toddler sims to get a LTW? Is it safe as long as it is the mod causing it to happen? Or should it still be a concern in regards to a corrupted neighborhood? Maybe it's not the mod at all? Even though I'm pretty sure it is because when I removed it the problem ceased.

Thank you! Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:29:27 pm »

When asking about a certain mod or cc, it's always best to link back to it, so people know what you're talking about.

As for the HCDU, it's a great tool, but it's not the final word on conflicts. It's not guaranteed to find conflicts and the files it lists aren't guaranteed to conflict. How it works, exactly, is list the packages that modify the same global behaviour and, thus, have the potential to conflict. It's a good starting point, but by no means the end point. If it lists two or more packages, you're next step is to take them out and gradually put them back into your game one at a time to see which, if any, conflict. If it doesn't list anything, this doesn't mean you are conflict free. It just means the HCDU couldn't find anything with conflict potential. Your next step is to take out all your mods and find any conflicts you might have the old fashioned way. Smiley

Also, moved to the Sims 2 help section.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: