Insimenator.org
May 15, 2024, 02:35:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basegame Sim Model help needed  (Read 2572 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mrbisonm

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:32:18 pm »

It's been a few years that I am asking myself why I cannot install many Sims I downloaded that says that it is basegame compatible.)
A small windows opens when I click on the Sims2Pack file to have it installed and says that it requires an Expansion Pack data which is not installed on my computer.

I have the basegame only.

I have downloaded 18 Sims from different sites such as Insiminator, TSR and MTS and it always says that they are basegame compatible, but 7 of them open with the window shown below shows the below.
Why is this? Am I missing something? Or are uploaders just plein ignorant or lazy to say that it needs an expansionpack?
Or is there another program that I can use to install or open these Packfiles?

Here is an example on this site that I cannot open with my game:

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,72933.0.html

I would appreciated the help.
Thanks a lot....it's been on my mind for several years.
 Wink
mrb

Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:29:21 pm »

i think that in order to install these sims you need to have the sims2 clean installer in order to have, these sims show up in your game but sadly. I do not remember the precise link but i know its on mod the sims ok i found it you can. DownLoad Here This is what i use when i dl some sims from the sims 2 and play on rare occasion the sims2 Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 07:56:50 pm »

Yep, you need to use the Clean Installer. In fact it's always better to use the CI to install any CC, because it will allow to you avoid mistakenly installing game mods that can something be included in package files (like houses). It also allows you install certain cc included with a sim without installing the sim. For example; say you see a hair included on a sim and you want the hair but not the sim, yet the creator doesn't say where the hair came from (a naughty, naughty thing on this site lol). With CI you can download the sim, open the package, deselect everything but the hair (and the mesh) and click on install.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
mrbisonm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 10:12:44 pm »

Thank you both, you're fantastic. All works now perfectly and like you said, I can now install what I want to and not to. Thank You, much appreciated.

While you are here.... Is there a program that can show pictures of what I have in the download's folder and which I can delete? I have so much stuff and some of it don't show up in the game, but the files are still in the  download folder, but how can I find them to delete? Most of the time the file's name has nothing to do with what this is. Thanks

mrb Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: