Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 02:06:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nun Dress ?  (Read 8292 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hamzaayub

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2012, 07:43:44 am »

I found this nun dress at http://www.rosesims.org/clothes/roseclothes_2.htm

would really appreciate if someone could convert this for Warlokk's 34DD size or guide me as to which existing mesh the texture could be applied maybe ? I'm a novice I just know the bodyshop trick for converting textures to Warlokk's BodyShape mesh outfits..
Hestor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 03:51:47 pm »

I think I can do this. Which hip size would you want for the outfit? 

Pardon my English, it's not my mother language and sometimes I make mistakes.
hamzaayub

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 04:21:05 pm »

firstly thank you for your reply , secondly I would prefer the standard maxis 34 hip size Smiley
Hestor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 03:18:25 pm »

Sorry hamzaayub, but I have some bad news: my game got borked and I had to uninstall it. Fortunately, I was able to make a back-up of all of my sims 2 archives (downloads, saved games and such), but I won't be able to finish your request until I reinstall the game and I'm afraid that it will be on next Friday. Sorry for the delay.
P.S. I didn't ask you before, but, do you want the bust to be 34DD enhaced or natural?

hamzaayub

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 05:01:40 pm »

good thing you were able to back everything up Cheesy and natural is good , always has been , always will be Tongue
Hestor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 10:17:17 am »

I'm sorry, but I have bad news again. I finally managed to reinstall the game (after one extra week of waiting) and made the conversion, but there's a problem with the shading of the mesh that appears when I load the mesh in Poser and does not dissappear no matter what I do with it on Milkshape later. It looks like this:

I can do two things, finish this conversion and upload it or convert another nun dress for you if you want, because I can't fix that awful shading, sorry.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 11:42:48 am »

That shading usually appears when the smoothing is done wrong, or is imported wrong. Perhaps check the settings in Poser (and in Milkshape?).

I'm not familiar with Poser, but I've seen this tendency between Milkshape and 3D max (there are two mesh settings, one that handles triangular whish is the one Milkshape reads best, and one that reads square polygons best that is easiest to model with - which MS seems to hate. Conversion between these is not popular with either). It tends to happen if there are separate vertices for all the polys like this <||> instead of the vertices belonging to the same polys like this <|>, and the program thinks there are two sides instead of one, and makes an edge, while the smoothing has troubles deciphering it. This meses with the normals, and you get this result.

There might also be a problem with the normals.

The easiest way to fix it, is to fix the import/export settings in Poser (and Milkshape?). If this happens,t hen the settings are most likely wrong somewhere.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hestor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 06:07:45 am »

Thank you so much for your advice, Theraven. I managed to fix the mesh's shading by changing the import settings in poser YAY. This is how it looks now:

If you like this, hamzaayub, just let me know and I will upload it  Wink. Have a nice day.

hamzaayub

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 08:03:25 am »

yes that looks great please do upload it good sir  Cheesy and thank you so much Theraven for the little tidbit you're both awesome.
Hestor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 06:30:52 am »

Sorry for taking so long, but I had sended an e-mail to Rose asking for permission to upload her mesh with my modifications and I haven't recieved an answer yet. Should I upload the outfit anyway (and quit it if I recieve a negative answer) or should I wait for her to give me permission?

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 12:38:52 pm »

Her TOU states permission is needed to upload her free items, so you would have to wait, unfortunately, if you want to share it here.

You can only upload the free items to other sites with a permission,the donation items are not allowed to upload to any other site.

Of course (as an alternative), what you PM to one another (*cough*fileshare link*cough*) we have no control over (*hint hint*). Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Hestor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 02:39:39 pm »

Then I will wait to upload it to the site *wink, wink*. Thanks for the advice, caffeinated.joy.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 03:55:34 pm by Hestor » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: