Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 07:01:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 movie quality  (Read 2228 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
alexitoab

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2012, 03:51:00 pm »

Hello everybody!!

I have some questions about the quality of my sims 2 movies. I've changed the settings of the video from 640x480 to 1280x720. The quality of the videos are set to high and uncompressed and now when I changed the settings the videos are very heavy. Just 8 seconds are 499MB. I'd like to know if high quality is the same quality as high uncompressed.

Sorry if this is a stupid questions but I couldn't find anything about that. Thanks in advance Cheesy
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:24:57 pm »

OK, the best way I can describe it is to get you to think of a file as an accordion. When you pull the accordion open, it's uncompressed and takes up more space. Squeeze the accordion and it becomes compressed and takes up less space. Smiley

So, really, the difference in the two isn't quality, but the space it takes up on your drive.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 08:45:49 pm »

Alternatively you could use another program (much like using a screenshot program instead of ingame pictures). I think Fraps might be an alternative. I'm not into sims 2 filming, so I don't know which programs are best, but there are probably more than enough tutorials to find on the theme.

One thing for sure - you should have a lot of space available.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: