Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 03:21:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Double EA Games folders when starting game  (Read 4035 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LayVon

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2012, 05:46:28 pm »

Hey, this has just started happening. I reinstalled my sims (up to Bon Voyage) on my new computer (windows 7 professional) and this funny thing started happening.
 Whenever I start the game, it places another ea games folder in my documents. It's completely empty other than the Sims2 file inside. And now alot of my cc dosen't show. I got some very nice faces for CAF that don't show in the thumbnails.  Cry I've patched everything and am still getting this. Does anyone know what the deal is? Would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks in advance
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:47:32 pm »

It is because Windows 7 has a 'public documents' and 'my documents'.
It creates an EA folder in both places, but only the one in 'my documents' has stuff in it. Deleting the other one won't do anything, because it will just respawn when you start the game or whatever.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 04:50:30 am »

If some of the CC shows, but not all, then it's not the loaction of the folder that is troubly.
You probably forgot a few steps when you reinstalled. The 'enable custom content' is probably the most important thing.
Try this tutorial: http://ww2.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:57:19 am »

And don't forget to re-install the CEP, which is needed for some of the other stuff to show up, as well. Waaay back when, I forgot all about having to do that and man, did I EVER bang my head against the desk in disgust when someone reminded me...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
LayVon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 08:06:37 pm »

And don't forget to re-install the CEP, which is needed for some of the other stuff to show up, as well. Waaay back when, I forgot all about having to do that and man, did I EVER bang my head against the desk in disgust when someone reminded me...

Yea, feelin' you on that one Paden. Thanks everyone for helping. I'll be trying all of this out. Thought I backed up well enough... guess not  tongue
zammy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 09:20:51 pm »

I had the exact same problem when I reinstalled TS2 here on Windows 7. Go to the "My Documents" in "My computer"

Start>Computer>C:>Users>(yourname)>My Documents>EA Games>Sims 2>Downloads

and put everything in there. That should fix it up for you Smiley

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 05:25:37 am »

I have double folders too, but one of them just sits there doing nothing. So it's not really in use.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: