Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 03:36:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apparent conflicts  (Read 3612 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SilverFox

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:27:27 pm »

Recently I have had many problems with Sims distorting, flashing lights, long colored bands emitting from Sim, missing parts of body etc.  Ran the hack conflict program and showed I had over 150 possible conflicts. Got that down to about 20 and still have problems.  Sometimes I can change their hair and solve the problem, others I haven't been able to resolve. Have removed a lot of stuff from downloads folder but so far some households still have a problem. Any suggestions other than removing more downloads until it stops ? Happens most often when getting clothes from clothes rack...not sure what it is called.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 01:28:53 pm »

Sounds more to me like a graphical problem. Do you have a picture of this happening? Would help a lot to figure out what the problem is. Also, your computer specs would be helpful to know.

Have you tried to take out all your downloads, run the game on a clean lot, and see if it still happens? If so, it probably is a graphical issue. About colors flashing, what color is it? That often says a lot of what is wrong.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 01:52:04 pm »

Is it blue flashing or red flashing? As strange as it sounds, the colour does make a difference. Blue flashing is usually an cc related issue and red is a graphic issue. As Theraven said, more information is great. When asking for tech help with your game, more is better. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 01:58:43 pm »

Or purple/pink flashing? That has plagued my game a lot - but it seems to be a memory problem, as it only appears when I've got a high amount of CC and have played for a while. It appears even for maxis content, and gets worse and worse until the game either crashes or I quit (can't get anything useful done). Animated sims (and the penguin) go more or less purple, and flash between T-pose in purple and their normal appearance. The entire scenery might even go purple. I've cut down on my usual amount of CC, so it hasn't happened unless I'm aware it can happen.

Blue flashing doesn't need to be a big problem. It is often caused by a missing or broken slave mesh, or an item with some kind of problem in the textures. As for red flashing, I've not experienced it, but that certainly is a problem.

Either way, color flashing tells a lot about the problem.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:06:03 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 04:53:42 pm »

No it isn't the blue or red flashing, although I have had both at one time or the other.  Seems to emit from the Sims Head and sometimes it is so bad I can't see any of my Sims.  What I do then is go upstair or somewhere away from the Sims and summon one at a time to see what they look like.  Some are just fine.  Others can be fixed by using the mirror to change appearance, usually changing the hair fixes it.   I removed a lot of custom content and slowly put it back but think I may have had two items doing the same thing and must have deleted the one I was using..anyway, going door to door in about 15 or 18 neighborhoods, colleges, downtowns, shopping centers etc and fixing one family at time....have lots of families.  Main problem now is my Sims seem to have lost their sex drive. Have adjuster bouquet and no jealousy, Privacy off, lot turned on but not much activity.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 05:00:36 pm »

Your computer specs would be could, as Theraven already mentioned.

Can you let us know so we can help determine if it's your computer contributing to the issue? We'll need to know O/S, RAM, processor speed and graphic card.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: