Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:37:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Screen Shots wont show  (Read 5513 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Da Sugarpumpkin

View Profile WWW
« on: March 13, 2019, 05:12:43 am »

Hi,everyone! I have lost interest in designing right now. The reason to that is the issue I have with all my sims games. It does not crash or anything, but non of the sims 2, sims 3 and sims 4 screen shots are showing up in my sims screen shot folder...After I tested several different antivirus programs, to see if I should stay with the good ol Avast antivirus, I also tested Bullguard! The issues with playing the game including other issues with the game, like not showing my screen shots in my sims screen shot folders. If you ask me, Bullguard is a gaming demon antivirus. I have not seen an antivirus witch cause this problems with gaming and games. I uninstalled that bullguard garbage and installed Avast again. Now I do not have issues playing my games. But the screen shots still wont show up on the sims screen shot folders, when i take new screen shots of the objects or clothing that i have created...and this is bloody annoying the hell out of me, which have also made me loose motivation to even create anything.. Could someone PLEASE help me fix this annoying issue... :confused:Thanks!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 05:39:17 am »

Are you using a screenshot program, and which one is it?

First of all, make sure the screnshot program is actually running before you run your game.
(I've used Gadwin Printscreen for a long while, and back when I used XP or Vista I could set it to run at startup, but on my laptop with Win7 the setting doesn't work, so I have tos tart it manually)

Second, if the program won't take pictures of your game when running in fullscreen, or returns a black picture (I've also had this problem with Gadwin previously), try running the games in windowed mode.
(It's possible to have one shortcut for full mode and one for windowed).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Da Sugarpumpkin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 11:49:05 am »

Actually I do not use any screen shot program. It is the sims snapshots you take with the sims camera, when you play the game that will not show up in the game folders where the snapshots are stored..I have tried one snapshot program, but it do not work for me! The games camera to take snapshots are way more handy and it is that i have issues with in all my sims games.. Sad
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 04:34:33 pm »

An antivirus program can be the problem. Have you tried to whitelist or exclude the Sims folders in the antivirus program?

I've had Avast earlier, and didn't notice anything like this. Never heard of Bullguard.

For sims 2, you need to look in the screenshot folders in the neighborhood folder for the neighborhood you played. The separate screenshot folder won't have your pictures.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Da Sugarpumpkin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 04:55:49 am »

Yes that is what I suspect the issue is. The Bullgard antivirus, has caused this simply for the fact that it gave several issues running games and other programs. I never had this issue while using Avast internet security and I will from now on stick to avast and not try anything else. About the sims 2 screen shots, yes I am aware of that it should bee located in the neighborhoods folder on the neighborhood you are playing in that screen shot folder, but non of the new snapshots are showing up there... Sad

Bellow is the antivirus bullguard that has caused this issue. I had no such problems untill i installed it and tested it. And it wont save any new screenshots after i have uninstalled it and reinstalled Avast..Guys this is the LAST antivirus programs you should use if you do not want issues with gaming...It is GARBAGE!
Da Sugarpumpkin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 05:06:08 am »

I will try to uninstall the sims 4 and try to reinstall it and see if it fixes the issue that bullguard has caused me. If it does...well then i guess i have to reinstall all the sims games all over again...sigh...I let you know if i get it to work after reinstalling sims 4...
Da Sugarpumpkin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 07:27:46 am »

Guys, guess what, the only thing that seems to fix this issue is to reinstall the sims games, all of them. So now I have to build up my towns all over again , Yippi-Yay-Yey "NOT FUN". I just tested reinstalling sims 4 and now the screenshots are showing up in the screen shot folder again. It seems to me, that bullguard must have changed some camera file settings or something. I say again guys, to prevent issues like this, do NOT use BullGuard Antivirus!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 11:46:58 am »

Before you reinstall the rest of your games you may want to do a backup of your saved game files (in the Documents folder) if you don't want to lose them or want to replace them. Basically just copy the entire folder to an external harddrive or to a safe spot on your computer if you have enough space.

It should also be possible to repair the games via Origin if they're registered there. Again, take a backup.

Copy the entire bolded folder below, and sort out the files you need later.
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2
C:\Users\Kine\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
C:\Users\Kine\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
(folder paths may vary with game version, and computer OS + setup)

You can also try to rename the folder and let the game regenerate a new one (this is the safest and quickest way to "reinstall" and at the same doing a "backup" of the folder as long as there's nothing wrong with the install files. I think it works for all 3 games). It's also the easiest way to test if there's something wrong in the saved game, because all you need to do to go back to your old game is to rename or delete the new folder, and fix the folder name for the old one.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:55:06 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Da Sugarpumpkin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 10:09:39 am »

To late for that, I have already reinstalled the games...lol
It is ok, I enjoy building houses, so no biggie, but I keep it in mind in case of some issues in the future.  Grin

Before you reinstall the rest of your games you may want to do a backup of your saved game files (in the Documents folder) if you don't want to lose them or want to replace them. Basically just copy the entire folder to an external harddrive or to a safe spot on your computer if you have enough space.

It should also be possible to repair the games via Origin if they're registered there. Again, take a backup.

Copy the entire bolded folder below, and sort out the files you need later.
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2
C:\Users\Kine\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
C:\Users\Kine\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
(folder paths may vary with game version, and computer OS + setup)

You can also try to rename the folder and let the game regenerate a new one (this is the safest and quickest way to "reinstall" and at the same doing a "backup" of the folder as long as there's nothing wrong with the install files. I think it works for all 3 games). It's also the easiest way to test if there's something wrong in the saved game, because all you need to do to go back to your old game is to rename or delete the new folder, and fix the folder name for the old one.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: