Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 06:40:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing download folder.  (Read 4070 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
aodum2
« on: August 25, 2006, 11:39:54 pm »

I only seem to have 2 folders in my game folder: 'Body Shop Tutorials' and 'TS Data'

Would creating a Download folder work, or even create problems?
berryful
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 12:36:03 am »

Creating a downloads folder will always work.
xdarwinnerx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 05:48:09 pm »

Yeah, just create a downloads folder..that's what I did..Smiley
sharcker
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 08:35:11 pm »

You could also try to download some of the Maxis Stuff by using your game... It's will create automiticly your Download Folder.. Or has say before, you can also create it..

P.S: you have to register on EA official web site for sims 2, before downloading from your game...
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 05:36:28 pm »

The downloads folder should be under "Documents - EA Games" or whatever.  Applications gives you actual game data from the disk when you install it.
Hope that helps some. Smiley

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
cmdeleo
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 02:25:35 am »

Hi

I'm new to the sims and actually... gaming on mac as well.

I tried creating a downloads folder in both "documents/ea games" and simply "the sims 2" in the application folder. droped the downloaded package in it and started the game. but it was no where to be found in the game.

My question is where exactly do i have to create this download folder and is there any thing else i have to do? and once in the game does it just appear in the usual places?

just to give an example to make things clear: went to http://www.simtosim.com and downloaded a "club energize mirror" it came on to my computer called "S2L_EnergizerMirror01.package"
then i created a downloads file in application/the sims 2(where the Body Shop Tutorials' and 'TS Data' files are) and put it in started the game but couldn't find it. then i tried to create a downloads file in document/ea games as suggested by AxelVal but still didn't work.

I might have done something wrong, if so can someone tell me?

cheers
Marhis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 02:57:18 pm »

Quote from: cmdeleo;677416
then i tried to create a downloads file in document/ea games as suggested by AxelVal but still didn't work.

That folder must be named exactly "Downloads", with capital letter and stuff, and it must also be inside Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/.
rosidbon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 04:47:07 am »

The way to your downloads folder is as follows, click on your hard drive icon.
In the window, click on  Users/ then the little house with your name/then Documents/then EA games/ then The Sims2/ then you should find a folder called Documents. If it is not there, make one. All your downloaded package. files should be put in here. Do not put anything other than package. files in. No Packs, no JPEGS, no read me files.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: