Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 02:56:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tab button boo-boos  (Read 2836 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mmcg
« on: October 17, 2006, 01:59:51 pm »

I'm used to playing TS1, but when I upgraded to MacBook Pro, it just didn't seem to work as well, so the other day I got TS2.  Unfortunately, I still have a habit of hitting the "Tab" to switch floors, which doesn't work in TS2.  Instead, it puts me into a free-form mode for using with the camera.

I'm trying to get out of that habit of hitting the tab, but in the meantime, when I get into "free-form" I try hitting the tab again to get out of it.  Sometimes it works, but sometimes the screen goes all sky-blue and blurry, though the console is still present and telling me the game is proceeding- with sound.  But I can't see it and I can't get out of the blue blur and back into the game.  I'm forced to close and go back to the neighborhood screen.  Any suggestions?

Also, how do you tear down walls to remodel your houses?  Don't tell me it isn't possible!:crybaby: A baby is coming already and I need to turn the den into a nursery.
papersky06

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 09:57:20 pm »

The 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keys will switch floors for you, and to get rid of walls hold the 'Control' key down, click and drag.
I hope that makes sense. Smiley Sorry I can't help you on your other question, but I'm sure someone will come around.
courtxowns
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 04:43:41 pm »

the blue you're looking at is probably the sky. as stupid as it sounds, so try moving your mouse downwards until you hit ground again.

and i'd suggest looking at the beginning of your sims2 booklet for all the keyboard shortcuts. the only ones that dont work are the f ones.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 08:15:12 pm »

holding down the "CTRL" or "Control" key while in the wall building tool or fence building tool turns on the demolish function

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: