Insimenator.org
May 11, 2024, 12:02:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Pets made content in non-Pets: The "Torso" Factor  (Read 10123 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
susaninsturgis

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 08:24:21 pm »

You know I have a similar situation with GL, it does that too. I have installed currently just Sims 2, Uni, NL, OFB, FF, and GL. I have not installed Pets yet. Im beginning to think its less hassle to just not have any custum content, except some hair and makeup and just tolerate the maxis content. I had so few content I had added, it was all GL recolors. But I see the naked bodies, and then some are in the hair section etc Sad. I have encountered things in GL, that are not right. FF wasnt that bad!!!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 05:24:41 pm »

Susan - you see this because the items were MADE WITH PETS -and because you DO NOT HAVE PETS installed.  It has nothing to do with what you have installed, but what you don't have installed.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
susaninsturgis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 02:32:58 pm »

I figured that out now Beos, thankyou, after some newly made clothes I DLed did this (sigh) and rerading thread. Guess I got no choice but to install my pets now Sad.

Also that block or filter that you get, it was sort of there in NL, I noticed it really bad after installing OFB and FF, now GL. Even after enabling CC, running it several times, theres still that blocker, and I have not put much CC in, or their recolors. Now anything anyone made that had a collection file that I installed is read. Please set artists make collection files, I think that helps, everything that had no collection it wont read. I dont remember how many days it took but most the time between release of FF & GL, before my DLS were all getting read. So i think now I will gulp my pride, and install Pets errors and all, and play a while no custum content or anything.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 03:44:35 pm »

So far I'm not getting too much trouble cause I really have very little custom content and they are most of the time objects not skins.
But I had replaced several meshes from diverse EPs simply cause I didn't like their look. I started softly but on the end I replaced more meshes than any other creator has created self. The funny is that after my replacements, all the original Maxis stuff got an asterisk of cc on them. The only EP I never messed with was glamour EP cause in fact I saw nothing added with it.
And the funny is that now, on a Pets installation, only the glamour stuff appears as original, all the others show up as custom contents.
As I didn't get any issue out of it, I simply let it be.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 05:50:13 pm »

There seems to be a problem with the catalogue funtion of The Sims 2 and has never been properly addressed by Electronic Arts.  Jase439 (InTEEN) and I have discussed this a couple of times long before OFB, FFS, GLS, or Pets were released.

kaneonapua, it is not entirely impossible that they uploaded the wrong version of the package file.  For instance, they uploaded the "projects" folder version rather than the "savedsims" version of the recolour.  It is also possible that bodyshop just fucked up those files (lord knows it has done this enough times to me).

So after thinking about your problem for a while, I remembered that I have downloaded and made files that the game just hated from day one and no force of my hand could fix them so it would work with them.  I usually end up either deleting them or using SimPE to extract the textures and alpha and make a new version of them in BodyShop.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Pigsrule90

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 08:22:08 pm »

Here is another queery, for some reasons I had to reinstall my entire sims stuff. That is not the problem, the problem is, now when I tryt to create sims to start over again all of their faces are black, and when I try to add makeup or something it remains black. What did I do wrong? I already tried taking out all the custom makeup and eye color.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 10:22:44 pm »

It sounds like you have a lighting mod problem - that is a separate issue not necessarily related to Pets EP.  Do you remember installing a lighting mod?

Pigsrule90

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 10:31:28 pm »

Actually, I have never even heard of a lightning mod.  What is it and how do I remove it?  I already tried uninstalling most of mods/hacks.  I have pictures of it, but I don't know exactly how to attach them
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 03:57:04 am by Pigsrule90 » Logged
RisingSun
Designer

Designer extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 12:17:04 pm »

Well, I recently purchased and installed Pets and my issue came gradually. Ive readt through the other posts over the months regarding Pets issues and figured I should purchase it at a later date.

Anyhow, my main issue is with University EP. I have all the EP's installed except Seasons and Glamor.

I have to instances of problems with that EP as follows:

1. In Bodyshop while recoloring a skintone and toggling between the ages and gender to see the result, I usually get a floating head at the Young Adult M/F normal fitness. It's very random, sometimes I just need to toggle the fitness buttons back and forth and it corrects itself.
2. In game, in the university dorms, some of the maxis sims and my own sims (all in YA stage) that are wearing certain Maxis University EP clothing show up as floating heads in game.

Anyone else with that issue? It started first with problem 1 when I installed Pets and progressed to problem 2 in addition when I installed Clean Installer (latest version) today and run it, deleting duplicate makeup and hair files.

See my bodyshape series over at InSIMadult!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: