Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 08:56:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: mac and the inteenminator  (Read 14532 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tapdncr26
« on: November 06, 2006, 07:46:01 pm »

I've downloaded the inteenminator numerous times and I put it into my downloads folder and nothing happens. does anyone know if it is a compatability issue?  I've posted on the inteenminator website but no help...any here?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 08:13:29 pm »

with the InTEENminator it is of vital importance that the files load into the game in a particular order. In Windows XP for instance, the load order is based on the alphabetical order of the names (NTFS); in Windows 98 (or Wondows XP on a Windows 98 style formatted hard drive) this is determined by the original "write to hard drive" time stamp (FAT32); under the MacOS X format this order may or may not happen.  It is like the load order of extensions under older versions of MacOS (e.g., 9)  if they don't load properly, the InTEENminator won't work.

I don't know of a solution to make the InTEEN to load its parts in the correct order under MacOS X

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
sirenita55

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 08:57:44 pm »

Just to let you know, I have inteen running in my mac with no problems. I have the version for my specifics EPs. Check if you downloaded the correct version according to the EP's you have.

Then, create in your downloads folder a new folder called #hacks (so it runs first); inside this create a new folder for every hack you have EXCEPT INTEEN. Every folder for other hacks should be named in an alphabetical name that goes after inteen. I named insiminator folder only simenator so it goes after the inteen files. So my hacks folder is organized in this way:

_enableColoroptions.GMND
censor.package
Inteenmater_A (through _F)
A folder named simenator

As Beoxboxboy suggests below, it might be necessary to delete the grops.cache file to force the game to re-read the files in the new order.

Hope it's useful.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 08:33:30 pm by sirenita55 » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 12:32:01 am »

I've heard of people getting InTeen to work on a Mac and heard of people never getting it to work.  There is no specific Mac version, and as Jase nor the beta testers have access to a Mac, InTeen is unsupported and untested on a Mac.

As sirenita55 suggested, ensure you have the proper version for you game.  You could try changing the datestamp or names of the Inteenimater files to get them to load in a specific order, but there's no guarantees that would solve the problem.

As an alternative to Inteen, you could try JenFlower's Teen Woohoo.  It also is available by EP, either here on InSimenator or on InTeenimater.
lauren8880
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 01:09:42 am »

OK.... I have mac and im wondering if anyone would be so kind as to tell me exactly what i need to do to get Inteen for my mac and into my game!!!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 01:37:22 am »

lauren - The InTEENimater depends on the various pieces loading into the game in a particular sequence.  Much like extensions on the old MacOS (version 9 and earlier)

In Windows 98 systems using the FAT32 hard drive format, the issue seems to work based on the "write time" of the files to the hard drive.  For a Windows 98, ME, or XP user with a FAT32 drive extracting the files one at a time in the order of their names generally works the trick to make it work.

In MacOS X it doesn't always work that way, and other techniques may be necessary - like renaming the files as one formerly did with extensions.  There is no rhyme or reason to the way the game decided to load things in the Aspyr version that I have been able to determine.  The people who have gotten the InTEENimater to work on Mac have generally tried many things and can't inform me which of the things they did made it work.

But my guess is extract the files one at a time in the order of their name, then delete the groups.cache and load the game - forcing the game to re-index the downloads.  As I say, that is my best guess.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Pleasantfear
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 02:57:36 am »

where do i actually find the inteenminator?im so lost
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 04:02:38 am »

Pleasant fear - InTEENimater is found here: http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi1/forums/inteenimater/index.php

Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 05:24:10 pm »

Read the whole thread.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
ImNotOkay1012

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 09:57:31 am »

Quote from: sirenita55;475801
Just to let you know, I have inteen running in my mac with no problems. I have the version for my specifics EPs. Check if you downloaded the correct version according to the EP's you have.

Then, create in your downloads folder a new folder called #hacks (so it runs first); inside this create a new folder for every hack you have EXCEPT INTEEN. Every folder for other hacks should be named in an alphabetical name that goes after inteen. I named insiminator folder only simenator so it goes after the inteen files. So my hacks folder is organized in this way:

_enableColoroptions.GMND
censor.package
Inteenmater_A (through _F)
A folder named simenator

As Beoxboxboy suggests below, it might be necessary to delete the grops.cache file to force the game to re-read the files in the new order.

Hope it's useful.

how do I download it for mac, I only know how to successfully install RAR files...

Every second I'm without you I'm a mess.
~I caught fire (In your eyes)-The Used

I don't love you, like I loved you yesterday...
~I don't love you-My Chemical Romance
sirenita55

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 09:41:41 pm »

Quote from: ImNotOkay1012;1008277
how do I download it for mac, I only know how to successfully install RAR files...

you need to get a program such as stuffit expander (free version) or some other. there are plenty. I have just used stuffit expander.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 12:38:13 pm »

ok - when you are dealing with InTEEN, it requires the component parts to load in a specific order, the easiest way to do this is to add letters to the first part of the name of each part so the are sorted.

so Inteen, then zInteena, zzInteenb, zzzInteenc and so on

itsemoryx
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 05:41:36 pm »

i have a mac and i am trying to download the iteenimater.

when i download, there is a folder in my downloads that has the a-f packages saved as .package. next to the file there is a little icon of a black square with some green writing or something in it.

i have no idea what to do. if i click on the .package file it says 'there is no default application chosen to open..'

i reallllly want to download this but i have no idea how.

help?
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 11:34:41 pm »

If its .package you don't do anything with it.  It's ready to go in your downloads folder.  But make sure to read this whole thread as there can be issues with the order the game loads this and other items.

motts200
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 04:48:38 pm »

I downloaded inteenimater, put it in my downloads file, opened the sims2 then this thing came up saying if i wanted to enable cheats, i clicked yes, then selected inteenimater and nothing happened when i played. Sad. what do i do?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: