Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 03:25:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking Deeply The End  (Read 160680 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bungee_rope

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2006, 01:20:27 am »

Quote from: One;496042
My brain hurts.

hahaha. i'm sorry. XD

"What if the wife bashes him over the head with a frying pan and then chops him up into hundreds of tiny pieces with her shiny new carving knife?"
"No! It's a family show!"
"Okay, then what if she does it to the whole family?"--RADIOLAND MURDERS
flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: December 31, 2006, 10:41:34 am »

“Vanessa.” She said. Her voice was almost as nervous as mine. “I was. Damn.” She said pausing. “You’ll find out anyway. I haven’t gone yet. I haven’t had time to find anywhere.”

I looked at Robin who was not at all interested in our conversation but I didn’t want her to hear this.

“Baby. I think Bex needs to pop out.” I said hoping she would take him to the small garden I had. I could see her through the glass and she was with Bexley, so I know she would be safe. Plus I had to start relaxing. It was over now, done with. The guy had got his money; there was no reason for him to take Robin. The night before just seemed like some imaginary memory that wasn’t real.

We both waited silently as Robin sighed, saved her game and coaxed Bexley outside.

“You don’t need to explain.” I began as the door shut. “I was a bitch.”

“You weren’t.”

“Yes I was.”

She laughed. “Ok you were, but that’s you.”

“Yeah thanks for that.” I said. “You don’t have to leave Mace. Just ignore what I said the other day, it wasn’t your fault. It was mine.”

“No, you’re probably right.”

“Mace.”

“So I don’t have to leave?” she asked

“No.” she put her hand to her chest and let out the breath she was holding.

“How about dinner and wine at mine tonight? A peace offering.”

“That’d be great.” She smiled.

“Good, be round by 7?”

I didn’t paint anymore that day. What with the confrontation with Melody and the near miss with Macey I didn’t have the energy.

Robin groaned at having to leave her game just at a good part, but I promised her we would get her paddling pool out when we got home and then we would go to the supermarket, she soon turned it off. Bribery is a mother’s best friend sometimes. I don’t think Bexley really cared where he was as long as he was with us he seemed happy. I told Catrine that I was going and left the place in her safe hands.

Robin was in her swimming costume faster than I had made a coffee. She smiled at me waiting for me to get the pool put for her.

“Alright speedy.” I laughed putting my cup down.

She followed me to the shed and we pulled it out from underneath all her other garden toys. Laying it out on the grass she gave a tiny groan as she saw that the bottom of it was torn neatly through the middle. Even Bexley seemed to be upset by this and he lay down next to it, his eyes looking sad.

“Its ok, we can get another one.”

“Now?” she asked pleadingly.

I looked from her sad face to Bexley’s. “Yes now. Go and get dressed again.”

---------------------------------------

I browsed through the women’s weekly’s and Robin was bent down looking at the comics when I heard my name. I turned and Mark was behind me with his own shopping trolley.

“Hi,” I said.

“How have you been?” he asked obviously not sure what to say now he had actually said hello.

“Good. We’re just after a paddling pool.”

“Oh. I’m just getting some things.”

“I can see that.”

“Yes, well.” He sighed and took a deep breath.” I’ll see you later Vanessa.”

“Bye.” I said waving my hand at him. I watched him walked away down the isle as I personally cursed my self for not saying more, but then what could I have said to him? I’m sorry I slept with your best mate and had his baby? Yeah right. Maybe somewhere in another time things are different, but not here, here I had mucked everything up for all of us.

My problem wasn’t that I didn’t know what to say to him. I had loads of things I wanted to say, but I couldn’t get the words out. Did I love him? I don’t know. For so long I had told myself that I didn’t, that I couldn’t possibly love anyone and they couldn’t love me, but as I watched him walking away I could feel me stomach sinking, the kind of feeling you get when you realise you left something really important at home. Was that love?

I walked along the isles with Robin in tow. I quickened my pace as I surveyed the isles through the haze of people buying their weekly shopping. I wasn’t sure I wanted to bump into Mark again and the chance that he was still here was minimal, he hated shopping if I remembered right.

But still I scanned everywhere just in case. I don’t know what I would have said to him if I had seen him again. I would have probably spluttered my way through more pathetic hellos and how are you’s.

I queued and paid up at the cash register, disappointment strangely settling into my gut. Robin had chosen a bigger paddling pool and was oblivious to my drop in mood. Good.

She babbled all the way to the car about the meaningful things of a six year olds life such as what she was going to have for tea, and what time would she be going to bed. And wouldn’t it be nice if she didn’t have to go back to school in a week. Ah the world through the eyes of a child. I almost didn’t want her to grow up and learn the hard truth about real life.

We sat in the car, the boot loaded with shopping and other things that we probably didn’t need. I turned the key in the ignition and… nothing. I tried it again. The car didn’t even give a complaining stutter it was just dead.

People walked past and stared at me as I stood by my car with my mobile by my ear and the bonnet of the car propped open. I didn’t know a thing about cars, not really, I hade no idea what I expected to see or even fix, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

“Everything ok?” asked a voice as I pulled my phone away from my ear. Frustrated that I couldn’t get hold of anyone to pick us up.

Marks deep blue eyes stared at me waiting for an answer and I swallowed hard at the site of him.

“The car’s dead.” I said sheepishly. “And I can’t get hold of my family.”

“Would you like a lift home?”

“Uh-oh.”

“Well, your car’s stuffed, and I’m passing your way.”

We loaded my stuff into the boot of his car and I left a note on my windscreen that the car would be picked up later. I also let the manager know, just in case. The last thing I wanted was my car to be toed away. That would really be the highlight of my month.

“Would you like a coffee?” I said as we pulled up. “To thank you for helping us.”

“I don’t know.” He said rubbing the inside corners of both of his eyes.

“It’s only coffee Mark.”

“I know” A thousand thoughts seemed to go across his face in a split second. I wish I could tell what he was thinking. No doubt he was deciding if he should risk it or not.

“Yeah why not.” He said and he actually smiled at me.

Robin had the paddling pool open and was filling it with the hose pipe while I put the kettle on to boil and put away the shopping. Mark stood by the window watching her and Bexley. Bexley was trying to bite the water as it flowed through the air and into the pool. He was already soaked, but they were enjoying them selves.

“She’s a real credit to you.” He said not taking his eyes off her. “She looks like your mother.”

I handed him his steaming cup of coffee and stood next to him. “She does. Sometimes looking at her makes me wonder what my mother was like.”

I lifted the cup to my face and let the aroma of coffee float through my system, the steam heating my face and helping to stop the tears that were forming in my eyes from the thought of my mother.

He lifted his hand to my face and I instinctively flinched back a step, but he smiled and I stopped. He used the tips of his fingers to wipe away the tear that had escaped. He rubbed his fingers together where the tear soaked into his skin and raised his eyes up to meet mine. “It still gets to you like it used to?” he said making it a question.

“I have my moments.”

“You know you were never good at hiding it from me, all those times you had something in your eye.”

“I never realised you noticed.”

“I always noticed you.” He said and I knew he wasn’t just talking about the tears.

His hand moved as if he was going to touch me, but he stopped mid air, before pulling it away again and moving it through his hair. It reminded me the way the teen boy fakes a yawn in some cheesy movie before stretching his arm out and putting it around the girl. Only this time Mark kept his hands to himself.

I stared at him waiting. I had no idea what to do. He took a step closer to me and I wasn’t sure what he was planning. It seemed like so many decisions were going round in his head and he didn’t know which one to follow.

The light tap on the door made us both break eye contact, the tension level seemed to drop, but I could still feel my heart beating harshly in my chest.

“I’ll go and check on Robin. “He said speaking first.”
I watched him go for a second before going to answer my front door.

Keller had opened the front door and his head was pocking round the gap. His face lit up when he saw me and my heart sank. Not in disappointment that he was here, just that he was here now and so was Mark. Shit how did I get my self into these things.

“Oh crap.” I said as I answered the door.

“What a lovely greeting. Pleased to see you too Vanessa.”

“No it’s not that. I forgot you were coming. You’re early.”

“Yeah I came straight from work. Do you want me to go?”

“Robin wants to know…” said Mark his voice trailing off when he saw Keller at the door.

“Hello Keller.”

Keller’s body seemed to stiffen. I know they had or at least Mark had worked things out, but Keller looked like he was ready for Mark to pounce, and from the look on Marks face I was expecting the same. It was like watching two cats and seeing which one would strike first.

http://www.simsmad.co.uk

A friend will bail u out of jail, but a best friend will be there with u saying, Damn that was fun!
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2006, 11:55:11 am »

Oh my God! GREAT update.... wow! Funny how Vanessa always gets herself into these kinds of things.....Smiley

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2006, 12:36:29 pm »

Oh flid, I love this story so much. Vanessa is the best character ever!

-Gemma-
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2006, 01:08:03 pm »

Quote from: kathwynn;495611
I think Oddball may need to go away for awhile where every one smiles and makes baskets all day.. hah ha ha he he...

Its either that or he might be right...It could be Jerry.

Bungee Rope I don't trust anyone who has such good taste in clothes. All the best bad guys have good taste in clothes.

Im a girl , duh!
Anyways when it is Jerry you will all have to dress up as chickens and ride around on pocket rockets
lol!

LAX is whats up.
Veckah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2006, 09:25:37 pm »

*sigh* Flid, I love this story, this entire series.

flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: January 01, 2007, 02:33:06 pm »

“Hello Mark. I was just…”

“Its ok I was just going.”

“But you haven’t finished your coffee.” I said pathetically

He lifted the cup up and drank what was left. “I have now.”

Robin came into the house looking for me when Mark hadn’t come back with what ever answer she had said. “Keller.” She squealed when she saw him at the door. “Me and Bexley...”

“Bexley and I.” I corrected automatically.

“Yes mummy. We are playing in the pool. Come and see.” She grabbed hold of Keller’s hand and dragged him through the house, not giving him chance to protest. He didn’t seem to mind though and he laughed with her was she pulled him outside.

I turned to Mark not sure what to say. I could see the pain on his face; he glanced through the glass at Robin and Keller and gave a regretful sigh. “Hope you get your car fixed.” He said.

“Thanks and thank you for today.”

He smiled and it didn’t quite reach his eyes. I walked him out side and he paused on the porch, he opened his mouth and closed it again as if he was going to say something but had changed his mind at the last minute.

“Are you two..?” he finally asked. “No actually don’t answer I don’t want to know.”

I scrunched up my nose at him. “I’m sorry about what happened, I really never meant...”

“Please Vanessa don’t.”

“I want to explain.”

“I’m not ready for an explanation.”

“Will you do me one thing.” I asked. “Wait there a second.

He nodded and I ran into the house. I threw open my wardrobe and reached up the top shelf and pulled down an old shoe box. Why could you never find what you wanted when you needed it? I reached into the cupboard again and pulled out yet another two boxes. Got it.

I ran back out to Mark, I was so glad he was still there; I thought he might make his escape while I was in the house. I know I would have.

“Please.” I said. “Take this, read it when you’re ready.”

“What is it?”

“A letter. I wrote it to you years ago, but I never had the courage to post it.”

He turned the white envelope over in his hands as if the answer lay in the paper. “Please.” I begged. “before I change my mind again and take it off you.”

He lifted his eyes up to me, his face softening slightly and he nodded.

I stayed on the porch for a few moments after his car disappeared down the road and round the corner. I preyed that he would read the letter. Even now I could recite it word for word. It had taken me days to write, hours of trying to get the correct words down. I was useless when it came to feelings, especially ones of the heart.

Dear Mark,
   Please read this, don’t throw it in the bin until you have heard me out, I may never get another chance.
   Where do I begin? This is probably the hardest thing I have ever had to write. I’m not good at saying what I feel, but then you already know that.
   I know you can probably never forget what I did and how I hurt you, I know I wouldn’t, but I hope that one day you can forgive me.
   Do you remember when I started reading my mothers diaries, how I used to get mad with you for no reason? But you never got mad back? I used to think you were crazy for that; instead you would wait and wait. The way you used to hold me until I feel asleep. I used to lay with my head on your lap and you would play with my hair. Sometimes I think you knew me better than I did. This is one of those times, here while I am writing this, but your not here, your arms aren’t there to catch me when I fall and I have fallen. I’ve fallen so hard that I don’t think I have landed yet, or ever will.
   I know what I did hurt you so much and saying sorry just doesn’t seem to cut it, but I am so very sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I was scared. I am scared.
   Please don’t blame Keller for all of this; I have to say the blame sits firmly on my shoulders staring me in the face every time I open my eyes.
   When I heard that you were going to propose I got scared and I did the only thing possible, I made sure that you wouldn’t want to and I succeeded. I don’t think I will ever forget the look on your face when you found us.
   Do you remember my room mate? That mad girl Sarah. It was her that told me what you had planned. She was so excited for me that she couldn’t hold it in anymore. When she told me that you were taking me to our spot. (Do you remember that place?) I was so ill, why would you want to spend the rest of your life with me? So I did the only thing I could. I went out and got drunk, drowning my sorrows even though I had nothing to be sad about.
   When I went to yours and Keller’s room I didn’t intend to do what I did. I went there to tell you it was over. I was going to end it with you, but I was so out of my face and you weren’t there. I fell into Keller’s arms, literally actually. He listened to me the way he always did when I was ranting my head off. I have no idea now what I was yelling at him about, but before I knew what I was doing I leant over and kissed him.
   At first he pulled away and I thought I had wreaked things between us all and I broke down. He held me while I cried and this shames me to say, but I kissed him again. It was as if kissing Keller took away what I came to do and made me forget.
   And then you came in, with us both lying in bed together. Shame ripped through me when I saw your face. The look you gave me was awful, if I could take that back and never see it again I would, believe me. I never meant to hurt you.
   After I walked out of your flat, I tried many times to come back and see you, but I never got further than the entrance hall of the dorm. I could never do it and so I left and went back to my grandparents.
   And now I sit here alone, wishing that somehow, some way I could make it all right, but I cant and things will never been the same again. I will never see your beautiful smile, never touch your tanned skin and never have you catch me when I fall.
   I just hope that if you are still reading and have not thrown this letter in the bin, that you forgive me and believe me when I say I am sorry.

Vanessa
X  X

A friend will bail u out of jail, but a best friend will be there with u saying, Damn that was fun!
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 01, 2007, 03:15:34 pm »

OOhhhhhhhhh!! Great update!!!! And I loved the letter... so sad! :cry:

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
xxJessicaxx

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 01, 2007, 05:53:25 pm »

Wow, I can't believe I just found this story. I was a huge fan of the other ones. And, I only just found this one! It's great! And, I had a lot to read. :sign5: Now, I have to join the begging masses. More please. Smiley
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 01, 2007, 07:28:51 pm »

aww thats sweet
pshh I wish I could write letters like that!

LAX is whats up.
flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2007, 03:39:15 pm »

I looked at the clock as I went back into the house. Damn it was gone five. I had less than two hours to tidy up and order Chinese. Yes I was cheating. I’ll admit I cant cook. I can make the basics, burgers fish fingers etc, but anything that going to be eaten by someone over the age of 10 was not my forte. The most I could ever manage was pasta, but then I even managed to ruin that sometimes.

Keller was outside watching Robin and Bexley. Well when I say watching, he was looking over the top of some inflatable ball that was attached to his mouth; Robin had got him to blow up her toys for her.

“Do you want to stay for diner?” I asked as I joined him.

He pulled his mouth away and the ball gave a hiss in protest as the air escaped. Quickly he squeezed the end between his fingers stopping it getting any flatter. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah. I double booked.”

“Then I’d love too.”

“It’s Chinese by the way.”

“Still can’t cook huh?”

“No.” I laughed looking away embarrassed.

Macey wasn’t surprised when she arrived and saw that dinner in fact meant take away. She gave almost the same reply as Keller about my inability to cook. Robin didn’t care, she loved it when I was in the cant be bothered cooking mood and at least her food would be edible.

Macey was rather surprised about Keller being there though, not that she minded, but I hadn’t even dated while we had been friends so for me to have a man at my diner table was totally out of character in her books.

They spent most of the time making my face go redder and redder as they swapped stories about me. Macey had thought it particularly funny when Keller told her about the time I was so drunk that I had to literally crawl back to my room at uni and when I eventually got there and got into bed I discovered that I was the wrong one. Even Robin giggled with them.

The evening past pretty much like that and I felt good about myself for a change. I had mended two bridges so far, there were a lot more to go. Like my grandfather for example, but things were looking up.

I left Macey and Keller sat in the lounge with the wine while I took Robin to bed. Of course Keller offered to do it when she complained she wanted him to read her a story, but I managed to talk her out of it.

“Is Keller your boyfriend?” asked Robin as I put her in bed.

“No baby he isn’t.”

“Do you want him to be?” Children were good like that. They never feared asking the worst things possible, but I couldn’t be mad at her for it, she just wanted to know, but I didn’t know how to answer her. “I think he’s nice.” She said smiling.

“And I think that you think too much young lady.” I said to her laughing.

“I think you should be his girlfriend. I think he likes you.”

“And I defiantly think it’s time for you to go to sleep.”

“Meany.” She said sticking her tongue out at me playfully.

“Goodnight baby.”

“Night Mummy.”

I stayed by the door before leaving. If I hadn’t slept with Keller then I would never have had her and she was the most important thing in my life. She was my silver lining to a very black cloud and for that I was grateful.

“You still love him don’t you?” Keller asked as soon as I closed the door behind Macey. He had his coat on his hand as if my answer would mean whether he stayed or went. I couldn’t answer him, I could tell myself that I didn’t love either of them, but in truth I wasn’t so sure.

I stayed silent as he got up and put his jacket on. I didn’t want him to leave, but somewhere deep down I wasn’t sure I wanted him to stay. He stood in front of me, his eyes red and I could see that he was fighting back tears. I bit down on my bottom lip until it hurt and he raised his hand up to my face, cupping my cheek and rubbing his thumb along my skin.

He reached out with his other hand and moved a stray piece of fringe from my face before entwining his fingers in my hair. “Its ok that you love him you know? You’re allowed to love people. I just wish that it was me and not Mark.”

“But I’m here with you.”

He shook his head and smiled. “No your not. You might be here, but you were never with me. I dared to believe that one day you would be, but I was just fooling myself.”

I lifted my hands up and placed them around the back of his neck and he let me pull him down to me. I captured his lips with mine and showed him that I was with him. I felt his wet face against mine and I pulled back to look him in the eye.

“Don’t cry.” I said.

“I’ve got to go.” He tried to pull away to leave, but I couldn’t let him. I grabbed hold of his arm and pulled him back to me. I wrapped my arms around him. I felt his body shake as he sobbed on my shoulder. I had never seen Keller cry, not even when we were little.

Deep shame and anger burned in my stomach. My grandfather was right I did push everyone away, but I always had the safety net of Mark and Keller, no matter how much I pushed they came back and now I had pushed them both so far away that I feared they were lost forever. I wanted both of them in my life. I wanted to share everything with them, just as we had done as kids. Every joke, every laugh and every tear we had always shared them.

“Stay the night?” I asked. “Nothing funny. Just friends.”

“Shame.” He said and we both laughed, with tears still running down our faces.

I awoke to the pitch blackness of my room. The clock read half past four and I stared at it willing it to move forward. Keller was asleep beside me. His face calm and free of worry and pain. I stroked his face lightly with my fingers as I watched him in the darkness. I really knew how to screw everything up.

bungee_rope

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2007, 04:18:15 pm »

Who's chopping onions? I've got tears in my eyes.

"What if the wife bashes him over the head with a frying pan and then chops him up into hundreds of tiny pieces with her shiny new carving knife?"
One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2007, 04:26:58 pm »

Quote from: bungee_rope;501425
Who's chopping onions? I've got tears in my eyes.

Oh, sorry, that's me. -puts knife away-

Gawd, I used to TRY to write drama stories like this, and I tried to make one main character die or something. Two seconds later, backspacebackspacebackspace "AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER ON A FARM FULL OF PUPPIES AND SUNSHINE."

Here we come, reach for your gun
And you better listen well my friend, you see
It's been slow down below
Aimed at you we're the cowboys from hell
flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2007, 04:28:47 pm »

Quote from: One;501434

Gawd, I used to TRY to write drama stories like this, and I tried to make one main character die or something. Two seconds later, backspacebackspacebackspace "AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER ON A FARM FULL OF PUPPIES AND SUNSHINE."

hats why I always write my endings first hehe

bungee_rope

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2007, 04:29:00 pm »

Thanks.

and haha, I used to do that too, but then I learned that I just have to let myself be really emotional if I'm killing someone off. Sad

But lets be honest- we all know Flid takes pleasure in torturing her characters readers.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 04:34:24 pm by bungee_rope » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53
  Print  

Jump to: